Slim337 Posted August 26, 2013 Report Posted August 26, 2013 I'm completely rebuilding my 95 yukon, from the ground up. Motor, trans, interior, paint, music & all. I'm going to put 4 Planet Audio BB215d 15's in a wall behind the back seats. I've taken the bench seat out & put 2 captain seats in the back. So I want a wall with a center port. I don't know much a bout tuning or any of that. It going to be a daily driver, but I do the occasional competition. I listen to mostly rap & r&b. I just like it low & LOUD!!! My max dimensions: Width: 4ft Height: 3ft Depth: 2 - 2 1/2ft. Sub specs: Power Handling (Peak) 3000W , Power Handling (Contin.) 1500W , Freq. Response 12Hz- 350Hz , Efficiency (1 Watt/1 Meter) 97Db , Impedance Dual 4 Ohm , Magnet Structure 240 Oz. , Voice Coil Former 3-Inch , Mounting Depth 8-13/16-Inch Diecast Aluminum Basket Non-Pressed Paper Cone 7-Layer High Density, Fat Rolled Foam Surround Dual Flat Spiders With Woven Tinsel Leads Black Anodized Aluminum Voice Coil Former Insulated Lead Wires Exclusive Para-Term Connection System 15-Inch Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer Highs & Mids: (4) Fosgate T1 3way 6x9's (6) Fosgate T1 6 1/2's Power supply: (2) Fosgate T1 1500bd's (2) Fosgate T1 600bd's 220 amp alternator (2) kenetic 1200 amp batteries (1) yellow top optima battery Thx ahead of time for any help given.
genesis Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 what help you want? we cant tell you what you want. I like 32 hz tuning, personally. pics of truck or equipment?
Slim337 Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 what help you want? we cant tell you what you want. I like 32 hz tuning, personally. pics of truck or equipment?
Slim337 Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 It's a 95 yukon. There's a complete list of all the equipment I have, with max diamentions. I don't know much about tuning. But what I'm looking for is a wall design for 4 15's with a center port. The sub specs are also listed. I just like it loud & able to get pretty low. Thx for any help you can give me.
CleanSierra Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 The vehicle isn't in front of any of us. Getting a free design on a wall, without a vehicle that we can go out and put our hands on, is a TALL order dude. I know this is a blunt response, but I'm not surprised that you don't have a design yet. A wall will require a Shell to be made FIRST. It's pretty easy to just give you an idea of dimensions and port size, but no idea if you can fit those dimensions by the time you get your shell built. You'll then need room for wire, amps, batteries, etc. So dimensions we I'll be difficult to provide, while still allowing for the unknowns. Some other unknowns are the actual sub specs. Power handling and sensitivity aren't indicators of what the sub is all about. How about VAS, Qes, Qts, Xmax, and Bl. How about ALL the sub specs you can gather and then pairing them here as well as the recommended enclosure size for ported from manufacturer. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
CleanSierra Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Also, is it a 2 door Yukon or a 4 door? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
Slim337 Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 First off, I want to say thx for the help. It's a 4 door Yukon. I'll have to find the rest of the sub spec's. What I'm lookin for is basically a center slot ported box built to the posted max diamentions. I'll then build face plates to be attached on front & back with all my angles to close off the rest of the space. And with the posted max diamentions I've left room for amps & batteries.
john253a Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Most walls Get roughly worked out first For estimate on port size and tune Then as you start boxing it you, you have to adjust it on the fly What idd do is a drawing of the front and rear and make it out of cardboard, Then you can work out the surface area and then the volume once you no the depth slowing a good 8" at the back for battery's amp and wires Idd like to see 3x 8" aeros or even 2x 10" With that style seats
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.