Second Accelerator cable?? '87 GMC S-15 P/U 2WD Iron Duke motor

I have looked on the internet and not much success. Any idea where I can find this small 5-6" cable?? This attaches the Carburetor Valve to the Accelerator cable bracket, which then connects to the accelerator cable for the pedal.. No cruise control, and it's obviously not a tv/detent cable. Im putting this truck back together after taking out a broken pushrod and cleaning the cam lifters of debris... I have a picture, but not sure how to upload it on here except as the photo for my truck that i added to my garage list on here.

Put the picture up on photobucket, or like tinypic then just post the IMG code here

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Put the picture up on photobucket, or like tinypic then just post the IMG code here

20130714_153655_zpsb1dad764.jpg

There we go, I hope That Helps, I can get more pictures today, I have to travel to the town next door to work on it, I have to see if the rear main is leaking also since I found oil leaking into the flywheel case, got all over my new starter. Not sure if I like this truck hahaha.

Here's a story about it, I got the truck in 2006 and it ran but had a rough idle, after diagnosing we couldn't figure out the problem, so my stepfather started taking things apart and found that a wing nut and another random nut (from the Air Filter housing) had been dropped through the carb/intake and was blocking airflow. Upon further investigation there was a severely bent pushrod, my stepdad took the head in to a shop and found that it was cracked so they threw it AWAY!! lol I didn't know much about vehicles at the the time either so the importance of the casting numbers or whether the engine had push rod guide plates didn't matter to me. Anyways, I saw him break a valve using a socket to get it out, so now that I think about it maybe some valves were seized o.O lol. I didn't know how to work on vehicles so the truck sat for two years until we moved, but the truck was towed to my grandparents in the next town and it hasn't been moved for four years. Since then I've gotten enough knowledge to put this thing together with some help from ALLDATA, Once I put a new head on it and had difficulty finding out if it was correct, because I didn't know there was an adapter for the water housing for two years so it just sat, nobody at any shop knew either, I had also gotten new rocker arms and pushrods by this point, I didn't get help from my stepdad so that didn't help, but anyways I had starting problems once I got the head on and bolted down with everything put together and it just sounded terrible, the motor would only crank at this point.. I had a hunch it was fuel delivery so I took a look at the fuel tank and I ended up replacing the Fuel pump and Filter (Fuel Pump had a collapsed non-Fuel hose, there was rust built up inside the Filter :o it was clogged, good call there).

I replaced distributor cap+rotor, and spark plugs after that (just back firing at this point, no start), found out the firing order on the distributor was incorrectly displayed on ALLDATA by -90 degrees (270 Degrees) and it started right up!! WHooHOO!!.., then thirty seconds later had a rough idle, then sounds started making my ears bleed.. Took the valve cover off and saw the rocker arms had completely fallen off the valves on cyl# 4 and the others just fell off the stem onto the spring.. And I'm still stumped about this a little, but I suspected something with the camshaft so I took the intake off and lifter cover and Oh! what do you know a broken pushrod piece between the I and E valves on Cyl# 2..wtf? lol. I took the lifters out and the rollers looked good to me so i cleaned them up soaked them in oil for about 20 days while I replaced the head gaskets and radiator on my grandma's '97 v6 Camaro (What a pain in my a** lol) until I could find other info about the issue I was having. I'm hoping that cleaning the lifters did the trick, but I'm not so sure, even though there was a lot of debris that came out of all the lifters. I don't have the resources to take the motor out and check the camshaft either.. So after 6 years I really really do appreciate any help I can get. I consider myself more of the repairman than mechanic at this time at least until I get my degree... If I still want it :/

Also my steering wheel is torn apart, because I thought the ignition switch was (the problem) located inside the steering column (freaking ALLDATA) and I seemed to have lost the metal retainer ring to hold the spring in place too lol. I'll weld a steering wheel if I have to, though I don't prefer it.. I may do some welding on my friends demo car today too, but I will see if I can get some more pictures of this cable today, well where it's suppose to be..

I want to encourage everyone to ask questions, and bring any knowledge to the table, There is a lot we can all learn from each other!

Archived