SyeKoticBASS Posted August 28, 2013 Report Posted August 28, 2013 I wanna smash the lows what would I tune both ports too. One low one high or both low. Just trying to get pointers thanks
OBI Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 MUCH MUCH more than just tuning ports to certain freqs. Not really a build and play type of box. What subs are you using anyways? Might not even be a good match for a 6th.
Yates Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 yeah I when I was thinking of doing a 6th order everyone was saying they are so complicated even 12 volt says they are hard and not good they said small enclosure if built "dead on balls accurate", but often (expletive removed) at reproducing anything worth listening to in the mobile enviroment. Unless precisely constructed, the end result is almost guaranteed to be a waist of time, money, and effort. http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxes6.asp
SyeKoticBASS Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 Yea I dont know too much about them but im running 2 level 6 18s off dc10k
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 Yea I dont know too much about them but im running 2 level 6 18s off dc10k How are you not smashing the lows already then? That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
OBI Posted August 29, 2013 Report Posted August 29, 2013 Those subs would work in a correctly built and designed 6th. But honestly just build a standard ported.
SyeKoticBASS Posted August 29, 2013 Author Report Posted August 29, 2013 Im just looking to smash lows and hairtricks. Ill prob just stay with the wall 12 cubes after displacements tubed to 30-32 hz thanks for the advice
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.