No Distortion with Gain at full tilt...

i use -10db track, i play decaf and i have zero issues....if the song is peaks at lets say 39hz at -2db if its clean then its not gonna matter if gains where set with -5 or -10db tone, i can play a song that is at -8db that is clipped and ill have more issues then playing a song at -3db thats clean. make sense? it does to me so maybe someone else can chime in.

here is a example. regular gorilla zoe-money man, my voltage drops to 12.2 driving

decaf money man, voltage is at 12.9

why? its clean so i have no issues

What I was referring to was all tracks being clean though. However, not every song is going to peak at the same dB level. You can have Rack City peaking at -2dB, and Money man peaking at -5dB. Let's say you've set your gain with the -5dB track now. Money man's bass lines will come through at 0dB which is the loudest they can be without clipping. However, when you play Rack City and hit the -2dB peak, you're essentially amplifying it past clipping by 3dB.

It'd be like taking a song or even a self generated sine wave that's amplified to the max without clipping. Now go and amplify it by 3dB and see what it looks like (make sure allow clipping is checked). The note will now be clipped by that much more, now giving you a clipped signal.

If I'm wrong and somebody can explain to me why I'm wrong then please do, but this is my understanding of it. I can see where you're coming from though

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif