greggtr Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 Hi Guys, Didnt expect so many reactions so quickly... Anyway Here is a pic of the boot install (full fiberglass 1/3" thick with wood bracing) As you can see I can not go any bigger as the amp will need to sit outside the car The ports are external ducting our the fuel tank and into the cabin (I have a grill to cover the holes) I have tried different port length from 34hz to 48hz, the db didnt change much (remember these are 10's not 12's or 15's so they cant play too low) The boot and ducting areas are fully dynamatted... The subs are xmaxing and at the higher freq (48hz) they are a lot more musical compared to 34hz where they work are leaf blowers (wind, no bass) I hope the pictures work as this is the first time I am uploading pictures on the forum...
STEALTH808 Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Hi Guys, Didnt expect so many reactions so quickly... Anyway Here is a pic of the boot install (full fiberglass 1/3" thick with wood bracing) As you can see I can not go any bigger as the amp will need to sit outside the car The ports are external ducting our the fuel tank and into the cabin (I have a grill to cover the holes) I have tried different port length from 34hz to 48hz, the db didnt change much (remember these are 10's not 12's or 15's so they cant play too low) The boot and ducting areas are fully dynamatted... The subs are xmaxing and at the higher freq (48hz) they are a lot more musical compared to 34hz where they work are leaf blowers (wind, no bass) I hope the pictures work as this is the first time I am uploading pictures on the forum... LMFAO TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
STEALTH808 Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 why would you seal the subs off in the trunk? so the trunk can be loud? do me a favor and sit down and think about why this is inefficient. TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
soundstream15 Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 ehh that port doesnt seem to be right, looks like you cut a hole and said 46HZ TUNING, FUCK YEAHH its your box bro, never heard the DDS in person but i hear they are monsters followed by that amp so its all in the box
STEALTH808 Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 3.4 cubes with a 6" port tune to 34hz. I loved it .. Was doing 144s on dash with music .only a Saz 3k. It's ur box It's the vehicle. The tune could be a problem as well. I'd drop the power and give them 4.5-5 cubes with plenty of port to operate efficiently. Flared ports, on both ends. 5 cubes for 2 10s ???... i still stand on the 3.4 cubes with 6" aero. tune to 34hz got nasty low that port is too small if he wants to go for SPL. TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET 150Db Club 160Db club in the future I see krakin as a threat
TylerParrish Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 I have those same exact subs. Bigger box, lower tuning, more port, and possibly a new car. What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
CleanSierra Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 I completely MISSED that they were 10s, that's my bad. I was going off of what I'd recommend for DD 12s. Sorry for the bad information Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
greggtr Posted August 31, 2013 Author Report Posted August 31, 2013 The ports are there... (2 x external 4" x 8" tubes), the cutout of the parcel shelf is to help duct the ports into the cabin... And no I didnt guess the tuning... I used different PVC pipes to try different frequencies, the size of the box and port sizes are confirmed by a sub box calculator. The subs are not sealled off from the cabin, as air can flow through where the ports are (through the sames ducts). Ok.. lets address it from another way... what is a good starting frequency for dual 10's... and please, please if you dont know from experience please dont comment
TylerParrish Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 The ports are there... (2 x external 4" x 8" tubes), the cutout of the parcel shelf is to help duct the ports into the cabin... And no I didnt guess the tuning... I used different PVC pipes to try different frequencies, the size of the box and port sizes are confirmed by a sub box calculator. The subs are not sealled off from the cabin, as air can flow through where the ports are (through the sames ducts). Ok.. lets address it from another way... what is a good starting frequency for dual 10's... and please, please if you dont know from experience please dont comment If you want to seal off, face them towards the cabin and begin sealing the cabin from the trunk from there. It doesn't matter what a starting frequency for 10's is because there isn't one. With Digital Designs 9510's, I would go with a tuning between 33-40 Hz, I've went lower and I've went higher and my personal preference is that they like a higher tuning as long as the box is not bigger than the manufacturer suggests. 1.5-2 cubes for the sub should be fine. Also, they like more port per cubic foot as long as the tuning isn't too low. That's abput all I can tell you rifht now, if you want to know more, message me in the morning after I'm drunk and I'll help you witha box design. What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?2013 Kia Forte Koup Pioneer AVH-X4600BT iDMax 12 DD M1c @ 2 ohms Rockford Prime 200.2 Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set XS S3400, D2700 Project DB Battery Terminals Axxess ASWC Stinger HPM Everywhereeee 90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill Stock Alt Stuff To Come Sundown X-12 New Amp New Comps 4 Channel Amp My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/ My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang Avatar Courtesy of SnowDrifter
Colin - STAPUFT Posted August 31, 2013 Report Posted August 31, 2013 Put the meter in the trunk! j/k I'm curious as to how loud it really is in the trunk though. After looking at the pictures, I am confused- so the subs fire into the trunk, from what other people have said Miatas are pretty well sealed off trunk/cabin wise, and I am confused on the port as well. So the bass is in the trunk- like Admiral Akbar... Trapped? 12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro Build & Comment Log Un-Interrupted Build LogYouTube Channel Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.