Sonic Electronix

Need help chosing a sub

Im looking for a 18 for my truck. my budget is around 400. so far I have looked at DC lvl 4 xl, fi audio bl, and psi platform 3, if there are any suggestions please post. my goal is to be able to do a decent hairtrick, as far as a amp go ahead and suggest I was looking at the hifonics brx 2000,

Ib4tl

18" and trunk just don't mix

And the hair trick don't come cheap

What car, can you support 2k

Do you have the amp already

If not what do you have and a total $$$

Do you need wiring included in susgestions

On a side note

2x 12" in the same range as susgested will have more motor force, twice the power handling

For the same cone as a single 18"

And can be sealed off fwd facing giving you maxim air-pressure in the cab

Where as the 18" will lose out flexing the crap out of your trunk lid

in a ext cab ford ranger. I don't have a amp but I can spend around 300 for that. I already have all all my wiring 0 gauge and an extra battery in the cab.

nothing came up for his channel. as far as not with my budget. I can almost do a hair trick with 2 12in kickers so I think a 18 will do it real nice. ive seen a hairtrick with just one 15 that cost less than the dc and psi so I don't know why money determines if it can do it or not. a box is no problem I can design it and I will probally tune it to 33hz or something

it comes down to a few things for a hair trick

low tune

cone v's x-mas

power

can you fit 15's

whats the measurements you have to deal with

the 2x 12 you have now are very close to a single 18 in cone, so only xmas will determine witch will displace more air

and how much power are you feeding your kickers and witch mdl

i have 500 watts total so 250 each. as far as demensions it would b e 15depth 40 hieght 48width. i can wall the sub but i planned on making a cool amp rack. i have a box design that is tuned to 30hz and is around 7cubs. and is only 22 high.

Archived