Sonic Electronix

well im gettin my door speakers today and im not sure how to take the door pannels off my truck, yea yea i could go look.. but im sure one of you out there has to know and could save me some time and headache, so its a 04 f-150 fx4 supercab.. i got components for the front 2 and the back 2 doors, so yea i just need to take the panels off

ill take build pix, but wont post them till i get all my stuff, so keep on waiting, lol

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Assuming you have power windows...here it goes...

Pry off the speaker cover

Remove the speaker

on door handle there is a small access plate...remove and remove the screws

same on the power window module

2 screws on the bottom of the door

I believe there are also 2 underneath the armrest

grab the door and lift up and out..the clips you see are not clips but alligning brackets used for setting and holding the door panel inplace so you can screw it on.

Have fun!

A tip when re-installing the panel. Remove the 2 lower white clips that the lower screws for the speaker attach 2. They make it difficult to align and slide the door panel down, when re-installing the panel. I cracked my door panel re-installing it. Once I removed those clips it went right on.

p.s. i took this from a web site so its not "my" instructions...link to the ford forum topic = here

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Assuming you have power windows...here it goes...

Pry off the speaker cover

Remove the speaker

on door handle there is a small access plate...remove and remove the screws

same on the power window module

2 screws on the bottom of the door

I believe there are also 2 underneath the armrest

grab the door and lift up and out..the clips you see are not clips but alligning brackets used for setting and holding the door panel inplace so you can screw it on.

Have fun!

i didnt know the speaker cover came off, if that comes off, do i have to take the hole door pannel off if that comes off? im just replacing speakers atm

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

no i dont think u have to remove the whole thing..but i took that from a web site...the second step to the instructions says remove the speaker so im assuming u DONT have to remove the whole door...

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

no i dont think u have to remove the whole thing..but i took that from a web site...the second step to the instructions says remove the speaker so im assuming u DONT have to remove the whole door...

that will save time, thanks

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

Archived