01VWGREENMACHINE Posted September 2, 2013 Report Posted September 2, 2013 Alright long story short I check my fluid weekly. I checked my coolant 2 days before my motor mount broke and it was normal pink color (special for Volkswagen's). I checked it 2 days after when I was doing the repairs and it was brown with black chunks in it(very small). I used a blue shop towel to filter it trying to find out what the material may be but I am stumped. I first thought it was a blown head gasket but after the following tests i am unable to pinpoint the issue. I checked compression on all cylinders and it they all check out. I checked my oil and it's not milky or have bubbles in it. I am beginning to think its just debris that was knocked lose when the motor mount broke. any ideas would be awesome thanks! http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/ 2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor BIG 3 Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm) RF T400.4 RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box) RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2 all stinger wires 200a alternator (SINGER ALT) RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear) KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front) KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK) 120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt 20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black
01VWGREENMACHINE Posted September 3, 2013 Author Report Posted September 3, 2013 bump http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/ 2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor BIG 3 Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm) RF T400.4 RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box) RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2 all stinger wires 200a alternator (SINGER ALT) RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear) KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front) KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK) 120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt 20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black
Baydestrian Posted September 3, 2013 Report Posted September 3, 2013 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/forum/23-engine-and-performance-anything-for-that-couple-extra-horses/ http://forums.vwvortex.com/ Maybe rust was knocked free? You did flush it and replace the coolant right? 2015 Mazda 6 JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm 2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical
01VWGREENMACHINE Posted September 3, 2013 Author Report Posted September 3, 2013 flushed today. No one ever answers my posts on VWVortex so I stopped posting there. I didn't feel it fit in the extra horse power section because I'm not after extra horses I'm trying to find a cause to my problem. http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/ 2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor BIG 3 Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm) RF T400.4 RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box) RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2 all stinger wires 200a alternator (SINGER ALT) RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear) KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front) KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK) 120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt 20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black
bbeljefe Posted September 3, 2013 Report Posted September 3, 2013 I bet it's just rust scale that got knocked loose when the mount broke. That's not uncommon and isn't a real problem unless it builds up too much and blocks the radiator or heater core. Sounds like you got on it quickly and avoided a problem though so I wouldn't sweat it. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
01VWGREENMACHINE Posted September 3, 2013 Author Report Posted September 3, 2013 Thanks for the input. I'm going to watch it closely for the next week or so before I put coolant back in it. yes I know its not good to run on just water but I only travel 6 miles a day and I am only working 3 days this week. I also used distilled water not normal tap water. http://www.stevemead...f-system-build/ 2001 VW GTI with a 1.8T motor BIG 3 Pioneer AVH-4200DVD DOUBLE DIN HEAD UNIT 6 - 4 VOLT PREOUTS RF T1500-BDCP (running at 2 ohm) RF T400.4 RF T1 D212 x2 (in ported box) RF 1/0 TO 4 GAUGE distribution block x 2 all stinger wires 200a alternator (SINGER ALT) RF T2652-S (6.5 MID BASS AND 1" TWEETS in front and rear) KINETIC HC 800 BATTERY (Front) KINETIC HC 1200 BATTERY (BACK) 120ft of 1/0 stinger blue and clear matt 20ft of 4 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 30ft of 8 gauge stinger blue and clear matt 100ft of 12 gauge stinger speaker wire black
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.