Sonic Electronix

Help Guys Please, Price of installing.

if you were my friend, id charge you like 40$ only because i know you and i enjoy doing installs. If you were a stranger, id charge like 100 just because its lower than best buy

2003 Honda Element

Pioneer DEH-9400BT

Big 3

XS Power D5100

Sky High CCA (2 Runs 1/0 Gauge)

2 XS Power D3100s

1 DC Audio 3.5k @ 1ohm.

2 DC Level 4's w/ XL Softies

Custom Box tuned to 29hz

CT Sounds 125.4

2 Sets of CT sounds Meso Components

*North East Frequencies*

• 2 months later...

I'm honestly very new to doing installs, I've worked on roughly 5 vehicles other than my own, and haven't had any gut wrenching repercussions. Thank you for the discussion. Based on my experience so far, I'd say I know a few of the basics, but nothing about fiberglass or security systems, just amps, wiring kits, simple HUs and basic enclosures. I also do this as a hobby, usually on a friends car, but I'm hoping to get a reputation for building a good box. How much for a box though? Double the price of material? What's a good rule of thumb with pricing an enclosure? I want to build some boxes as part of a 'Level 1 package', a well planned all in one package designed to get you the most bang for the lowest buck, like 225$ for all the system, minus installation.

Any advice will be gratefully considered, thank you.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

If your a great installer and you know you are doing everything top notch, then charge by the hour and what you think your work is worth.. But if your just starting out and know the basics, just charge a fair set price because you never know if your gonna run into something that might take you longer than expected.

^This is what I learned from reading this thread...

:drink40:

• 1 month later...

if you were my friend, id charge you like 40$ only because i know you and i enjoy doing installs. If you were a stranger, id charge like 100 just because its lower than best buy

Would this charge only be for the work itself, all materials charges are separate? 23 bucks for a sheet of 3/4" mdf isn't bad, but there's glues, screws, sandpaper, and occasionally router bits and sawblades. Paint will be extra, as well as wiring and terminals, even T-nuts. Is this all separate from the work itself? any advice would be great, many thanks folks.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

i do allot of installs for friends and friends of friends. just running amp wires and subs (anything under 0g) i charge $50 putting in a hu $30 (unless the flip out has a brain)

door speakers and rear $20 each unless there running a Amp then $80 for the lot.

i could probably charge more but i enjoy helping people,like seeing them happy,and i enjoy doing the work! i really do. I have close to 100 installs under my belt and most simple systems ie. running 4g power wire, ground,remote, rc, to a Amp and hooking the subs up takes a Lil more than a hour(depending on the car) so i Cant justify charging someone more than $50 for a hour of work. been doing this for 13 years and love every second of it!

where i live if you have a box built at a audio shop Is like $300 to have a guy in a garage build it around $100, but yea mostly material x2

by the way my car shop charges $75 a hour and running a Amp Is a 3 hour minimum! that's just dumb! oh and they tune amps by ear! they can GFTS!!!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff