Second Skin Audio

CleanSierra's build log Fosgate Regular cab!!!

CleanSierra

Remote wires are also unchanged. I suppose I can try changing them out, or checking for pinches if the RCAs don't fix my issue. I TRULY hope the new RCAs will be my fix, that would be the easiest. At least I have nice pretty RCAs if not....

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Do you think that the great stuff directly had anything to do with the insulation gone from your RCAs? I just used some great stuff in my roof braces and now I think I'm having grounding issues with my dome light... :/

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

The Great Stuff got hot(makes sense since its a chemical reaction) and melted the insulation jacket on my KNU 4 channel RCA.

If I were you, I'd check the insulation on the Power and ground to the dome light.

I'm more than certain that's what happened now because it's crappy ford insulation on that tiny wire. I'll check it tomorrow. Thanks!

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Swapped RCAs and problem is gone. I checked for loose connections as well, just for precaution, and none were loose. This makes me happy, I didn't wanna chase a pinched wire or something crazy. I was also hoping my EQ hadn't taken a shit. WHEWWWWW

Archived