Second Skin Audio

CleanSierra's build log Fosgate Regular cab!!!

CleanSierra

I got 3 layers of glass done in the wee hours this morning. I have a slow MEKP mixture, so it takes a while to cure. I wonder if it creates a stronger product by a slower cure time, similar to how concrete is. I can't wait to flip the box right side up again to do the bottom seam of the box. I sure do love the smell of fiberglass resin :)

I dont know when, but at some point I'm going to need to make something for on top of the transmission hump, UNDER the dash for my new OM-1 gauges. I'll also be wanting to pick up a VM-1 as well so I can keep an eye on voltage. It will be along the lines of how Andrew's(Black Nasty) will look. I went be putting speakers in mine though like he did. It also won't be a center console, it week be just for up under the dash.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

Here is the mayhem. Pics don't do it justice. The top piece of the box separated from the baffle.

20131001_171024.jpg

20131001_171041.jpg

20131001_171046.jpg

Fiberglass on inside top of the box:

20131001_171054.jpg

I will go home after work tonight and glass the inside bottom seam of the box, even though there was no breakage. I'm not having this happen again

Got the rest of the fiberglass laid this morning after work. I also knocked down the dripped resin off of the baffle. I sanded a little where my crack was to prep it for body filler and make it pretty and flat again. I didn't take pics because who the hell wants to see boring fiberglass on the inside of an enclosure? I laid it and I don't even wanna look at the crap :(

Archived