Jump to content

Is orientation going to matter much?


Sergeant_Skyrim

Recommended Posts

Posted

Alright, so I'm gonna be glassing my driver's door soon so I'm getting everything I need setup now. My main question is, with 4 PWX 6.5s per door is the orientation of them going to matter much? Car is an 03 Cavalier, which will eventually be walled off once again once I redo it all (everything's ripped out atm).

What I mean by the orientation, is tilting them. For example, tilting the driver's door speakers towards the passenger's head and tilting the passenger side speakers towards my head. I plan on doing this for the Vifa tweeters (will have 4 per side, 2 in door 2 in each a pillar). But with how loud the PWXs really get I'm just wondering if it'll make much of a difference by tilting them.

Keep in mind this is by no means an SQ level build, I'm merely doing this all for the first time and I used to have them at the top of my old wall. No EQ or 3sixty.3 or whatever either, just bandpassed on my C1100.4 receiving their RMS of 150 a piece. I also have both of the front doors deadened pretty good-double layered in some spots where the panel is huge and flat, plan on finishing off with 100% coverage in some tiny spots I skipped the first time though.

Here's what my current plan sort of looks like now, still need to cut up the 2x4s into little strips and screw the flush mount rings into them and all. Still need to install electric windows too

1DCE8268-2E13-49F7-AF80-D9AEFBAE3067-701

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif
Posted

If you can angle one towards your head it might help, but really not going to change a lot given the amount of output they will achieve and its not really an SQ build, so meh..

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Posted

My real question I guess was how much of a difference would it make? I know nobody's going to be able to tell me an exact amount of difference, but would it be reasonable to say that it'll sound much better to have them facing towards the occupants as opposed to just sitting flat?

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1620 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...