*****site Is Outgrowing Hosting Sevice*****

• 1 year later...

Well I own a business called www.eye4designs.com

We set up large accounts for members ranging from Virtual hosting, semi private and full dedicated hosting (colo and in house)...

I can easily manage the servers (I do not work with Windows servers sorry if you use a windows server count me out)

I've set up large forums

(i've managed some of the largest anime forums on the internet that require 3 database servers and a single front end web server)

to small forums I've set up Stereo integrity's site and forums

hawaiicaraudio.net Small forums that have some of the more unique mods on them not found anywhere else...

I've custom coded torrent trackes in full php (http://mma-tracker.net) all of my custom codes can be found at tbdev..

I've even done front end web server pages with a back end Dbase server and single dedicated servers for forums only...

I've worked with VBB, PHPbb, IP boards (aka invision power boards), UltimateBB, simple BB... also mod X content manager (i'm currently contracted to do one of the largest insurance companies in hawaii) drupal, joomla

I have been coding in PHP for over 15 years...

I can mod a forum (not with those Mods you see on the forums site like add-on mods) but entirely mod the coding from scratch (as well as add those add-on mods they offer i call those people copy and paste coders not real PHP coders)..

If any help is needed i can help....

I don't need no status.. I enjoy coding.. setting up webservers is pretty simple

i know of companies hosting companies that use some of the fastest datacenters like Tier IV datacenter facility in dallas tx (called infomart) and Atlanta Nap Datacenters that do not use cognet =)

Also you can migrate the forums over using FXP and lose virtually no data at all...

all that really is needed is you monthly Bandwidth and current disc size... most dedicated server ram usage is not a concern since only your site is using it's processor

Edited by theabunai

Ascendant Audio Hawaii Rep

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

can u look at dates then too??? this is old old old

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

yup i saw the date... never to old to need a new server guy or php coder

Or should i have just started a new thread and wait for someone to link me to this thread and post words like "use the search button"

didn't know there was a rule about reviving old threads my bad

Edited by theabunai

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep

just got bad news.......we are outgrowing our servers and either have to buy a dedicated server or find a new host. Me and David the admin will move most of the video links on the main video page over to youtube and see if that helps. Maybe i can move them for just half the month and back for the remainder and do that each month....i want to keep the real ones up because the quality is better then youtube but i also dont want to lose this site because its getting to expensive to run.

other then that, anyone else have any ideas? I get tons of traffic but the vids i think are hurting us bad. Almost 700 gigs of bandwith and still climbing per month.

http://www.hostgator.com/shared.shtml

unlimited everything unlimited storage unlimited bandwidth unlimited sql data bases and very reliable for only $12.95 a month .

wouldnt be hard to move the data bases and actually if you give them the info when you sign up and transfer the domain they will move everything for you and also set it up for free.

but in whatever you do make sure you do a back up of the complete site before doing anything.

hostgator is the choice though. 99.99% uptime .... cant beat that with a stick tbh!

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

Free LOL wow you no ask for much...

I just set up a guy on a 240 gigabit backbone that can also do Terabit if needs be, they gave him 100mbps uplink speed.. also had quad fiber optic entries into the backbone.. This place offered 13 tier 1 network providers cheeehooo, 10 gigabit internet links and 100 peer network providers AND included an Internap FCP with their service (this is a godsend for fast routing packets)... they use a parallel multi-tiered redundant network model.. their datacenter is in north Carolina... I like them cause they use the TopLayer 5500 E Series IPS... Not that you would need that but hey everyone at one time will be a DDoS target at one point and they offered 3Ware RAID1...

Doesn't have quadcore though they used a dual AMD Opteron 250 @ 2.4GHz, 16GB RAM, Dual 500GB HDD, 3300GB monthly bandwidth...

Dealz was only 299 a month unmanaged Even though it's dual AMD their network is freaking fast...

Cheapest quad core i seen on a known datacenter with a good reliable network is 219 a month but they only offer 8gb ram.

anything cheaper and they are probably not using multiple tier 1 or tier 2 (they most likely using tier 3)... then all that processor speed is for nothing if the data takes the slowest longest route to the user

shit if you got some dealz on a a quad core 16gb ram at a datacenter that uses at least 10 tier 1 providers let me know i could resell those fast ^_^

Sundown Audio Hawaii Rep