bassman619 Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 Any thoughts on the focal 165a3 3way comp set..I found a good price on them ..I was thinking of using 2 rf t2652 sets but I guess with the focals I can run those and just get a set of mids for the rear..which one sounds better the 165s ckme wit two tweets two 4" mids and 2 6.5 midbass woofers You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Skullz Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 Skip all of that and buy a really nice set of comps for the front and a nice, clean and powerful amp to power them with. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bassman619 Posted September 11, 2013 Author Report Posted September 11, 2013 I have a good clean amp..but you dnt 5hink the focals are good? You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Skullz Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 Those are entry level 3 ways. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bassman619 Posted September 11, 2013 Author Report Posted September 11, 2013 Thats the same thing b I just found out ..people are saying the 165vr3 is better..well dou recommend 3 way or two I way You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Skullz Posted September 11, 2013 Report Posted September 11, 2013 3 way require a lot more time to find the right location for all the speakers to sound and image well. 2 way is always easier to install and get to sound good. Think of doing sound quality like trying to learn how to walk, you start small and simple with passive networks and work your way into active and then progress into 3 ways passives and finally a 3 way active, cause as you learn how each one works and how to place your speakers for the best possible reproduction of sound in your car. I'm no expert by any stretch but it is always best to start simple and work your way up from there, cause it is a time consuming trial and error thing. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
bassman619 Posted September 11, 2013 Author Report Posted September 11, 2013 Ive pretty much have done everything I can do with 2 way passive nownim tryjng to go 3way passive ..then ill go active..I think ill just set up the two way and then add a couple midbass woofers in later..Im not really getting tok much help with ppls recommendations so I thinm what ill do is just go ahead and but the t3 compset and then add the midwoofers later..ill try to find some 2 way 6x9s thay have to use a crossover and then just hook up their low pass sides only so ill only have mid output in the rear You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.