bass blockers for 8 inch Crescendo PWXs

Reed Farrar

Most head units typically don't put out enough power to necessitate any sort of bass blocker

It's not really blocking of the bass I'm worried about, its overexcursion. One of the door speakers already tore the paper cone, it was making a nasty slapping sound, but I made a DIY repair. New door speakers are a pretty high priority at this point.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

my amp has the settings from 20hz to 200 and i have it pretty close to 200 and my speakers make my door squeak and its fucking retarded. i put sound deadener on the door and even some parts of the actually panel to get the noise to stop but no the noise continues only on certain songs its pissing me off

if it makes your door squeak, then you have a loose panel or something inside the door. its not the speakers fault, its your doors fault. foam tape works well to stop squeaks between touching panels.

cant imagine how hollow and tinny those 8's must sound if you have the crossover that high.

ya i guess i just gotta keep putting shit on my door. i mean i thought sound deadener would do it. i have triple layered that spot that it squeaks and even put it on the actual door panel. but my speakers actually sound about perfect right now. i have been messing with the setting for a while now to get the perfect sound and they sound super good its just the door makes that noise and it really pisses me off.

my amp has the settings from 20hz to 200 and i have it pretty close to 200 and my speakers make my door squeak and its fucking retarded. i put sound deadener on the door and even some parts of the actually panel to get the noise to stop but no the noise continues only on certain songs its pissing me off

if it makes your door squeak, then you have a loose panel or something inside the door. its not the speakers fault, its your doors fault. foam tape works well to stop squeaks between touching panels.

cant imagine how hollow and tinny those 8's must sound if you have the crossover that high.

ya i guess i just gotta keep putting shit on my door. i mean i thought sound deadener would do it. i have triple layered that spot that it squeaks and even put it on the actual door panel. but my speakers actually sound about perfect right now. i have been messing with the setting for a while now to get the perfect sound and they sound super good its just the door makes that noise and it really pisses me off.

yeah there is always that one little thing you seem to not be able to get rid of.

still though, almost 200hz on the high pass is ridiculously high. you're basically throwing all the midbass out the window. thats like, 3.5" speaker crossover territory.

yeah there is always that one little thing you seem to not be able to get rid of.

still though, almost 200hz on the high pass is ridiculously high. you're basically throwing all the midbass out the window. thats like, 3.5" speaker crossover territory.

is this bad for my speakers? cause i want the best sound from them but i honestly dont care much about the bass even though i understand that mid bass is different then low bass and those speakers sound great with the mid bass but i was just concerned i was gonna fuck them up with to much bass. what would you recommend i set it to?

It's not bad more of a waste of what the speaker can actually do. You're giving up all the midbass the speaker is capable of producing. Those should at the very least play down to the high 70's.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Archived