bass blockers for 8 inch Crescendo PWXs

Reed Farrar

X2. Shouldn't need bass blockers

Play around with settings. Try ~60hz first. If that's too low, then slowly sneak it up until they don't over-excurt.

my amp has the settings from 20hz to 200 and i have it pretty close to 200 and my speakers make my door squeak and its fucking retarded. i put sound deadener on the door and even some parts of the actually panel to get the noise to stop but no the noise continues only on certain songs its pissing me off

Would you have to use bass blockers if your head unit does not have HPF and LPF? I know you can set the crossovers when you have an amplifier running to your components but I'm not and probably wont be for a while. Sorry for the thread jack.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

my amp has the settings from 20hz to 200 and i have it pretty close to 200 and my speakers make my door squeak and its fucking retarded. i put sound deadener on the door and even some parts of the actually panel to get the noise to stop but no the noise continues only on certain songs its pissing me off

if your hpf is set at 200hz, you should have almost not bass at all, also a very incomplete sounding front stage.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

Would you have to use bass blockers if your head unit does not have HPF and LPF? I know you can set the crossovers when you have an amplifier running to your components but I'm not and probably wont be for a while. Sorry for the thread jack.

if you are running components, then they already come with crossovers. ps, comp sets will usually sound like shit off of deck power.

TEAM SUNDOWN HAWAIIHAWAIICARAUDIO.NET

150Db Club

160Db club in the future

I see krakin as a threat

if you are running components, then they already come with crossovers. ps, comp sets will usually sound like shit off of deck power.

Sorry I didn't specify, they're stock Pioneer speakers. I would absolutely love to have Neopro 8s and some supertweeters running off a sundown 4 channel, but it's not in the budget at the moment. I'm just attempting to make do with what I have.

1999 Honda Civic- RIP

2003 Acura RSX Type-S

if it makes your door squeak, then you have a loose panel or something inside the door. its not the speakers fault, its your doors fault. foam tape works well to stop squeaks between touching panels.

cant imagine how hollow and tinny those 8's must sound if you have the crossover that high.

Archived