Just did my big 3, and now I have a problem...help

Good shit! So the diodes or brushes are bad. Ok in this situation if you are not going to up grade the alt. You can talk to some one about a alt repair kit. They even have vids of rebuilds on youtube.

Actually, I plan on ordering a H/O alt from Mechman in the morning. I just hope mine holds up until I can get a new one. Hopefully they are rush me one since I am in need of a new one to start my car, not just for car audio. I just have to decide if I want a 170amp, or spend extra for a a 240.. Gonna only be running about 2500 watts total.. Hmmmm

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Good news. Your Big 3 Kit just paved the way for your Mechman upgrade! I always like to diagnose the problem with the correct tools versus take a stab in the dark. And, you met a new friend in the process.

Good day indeed.

Absolutely! Funny how that works sometimes. And I will be doing everything in perfect order (Since I am forced too), Big 3, then H/O alt, and then I will get around to my amps and speakers, instead of the other way around, which in turn could starve the amps for power and end up screwing them up.

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Good shit! So the diodes or brushes are bad. Ok in this situation if you are not going to up grade the alt. You can talk to some one about a alt repair kit. They even have vids of rebuilds on youtube.

Actually, I plan on ordering a H/O alt from Mechman in the morning. I just hope mine holds up until I can get a new one. Hopefully they are rush me one since I am in need of a new one to start my car, not just for car audio. I just have to decide if I want a 170amp, or spend extra for a a 240.. Gonna only be running about 2500 watts total.. Hmmmm

refurbing a lt is very tedious, there are alot of small components, i redid my alt once and i swear it was a nightmare. other alts might be different but my old cars alt was a pain in the butt to rebuild my alt

you tube it is not that hard.

:gay: Umm yeah, I know. Doing the big 3 wasn't hard at all, but figuring why my battery light came on after was the problem. Just happened to be a coincidence that my alt was going bad at the same time.

Archived