Second Skin Audio

Trunk build help - Almost there I think

GZRWbass

displacement on a twelve is about .12 - .2

Don't get caught up on teh specs in the owners manual. Yes, 1.94 is what they recommend, but it's not the bible. You can go over in box size and based on what it sounds like you want to do, without going over sized box when compared to factory specs you wont get the port area and frequency tuning your after.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Lol just looked at the website and they judge the subs performance with smiley faces...

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

Lol just looked at the website and they judge the subs performance with smiley faces...

Isn't everything ?

displacement on a twelve is about .12 - .2

Don't get caught up on teh specs in the owners manual. Yes, 1.94 is what they recommend, but it's not the bible. You can go over in box size and based on what it sounds like you want to do, without going over sized box when compared to factory specs you wont get the port area and frequency tuning your after.

Ok so hitting around 34hz. Port Area Range 38 - 51 in² . Port Area 43.75 in² .

If i change the length of the port to 27. I get 33hz. Port Area Range 37 - 50 in² . Port Area 43.75 in². With 0.14 woofer displacement.

345453453543.png

Does this all look correct now ?

Otherwise try 14Hx30Wx18D 3" port 12.5" high and 24" long

you loose about 6 square inches of port area but keep the tuning frequency and drop some internal air space since your concerned about that.

BTW, KRAKIN. I tweaked that box a little and will be cutting up the MDF tomorrow, it's in my garage.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

you loose about 6 square inches of port area but keep the tuning frequency and drop some internal air space since your concerned about that.

BTW, KRAKIN. I tweaked that box a little and will be cutting up the MDF tomorrow, it's in my garage.

BOUT TIME!

I'm still sad the lack of port area you can fit in your build. Literately tried about 5-6 different designs, ranging from horizontal, dual, vertical designs. IIRC you needed around 70-75 but ended with 55-60.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

BOUT TIME!

I'm still sad the lack of port area you can fit in your build. Literately tried about 5-6 different designs, ranging from horizontal, dual, vertical designs. IIRC you needed around 70-75 but ended with 55-60.

Ya, I sacrificed port area for ease of box building. My laziness got in the way, but I think this box will work. Either way I got a term lab so i'll know exactly how much I'm putting out.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

~ Juice

Archived