GZRWbass Posted September 15, 2013 Report Posted September 15, 2013 I'm very new at all of this, but done alittle research and read some tutorials on here. Came up with this; Excuse my sketchup skills. Set up is: Amp - GZRA 1.1200D Output Power @ 4 Ohm (CEA*) - 1 x 500 W Output Power @ 2 Ohm (CEA*) - 1 x 850 W Output Power @ 1 Ohm (CEA*) - 1 x 1300 W Output power linkmode 2 Ohm - 1 x 3200 W Sub - GZRW 30SPL-EXTREME 2800W Max Power 1400 Watts RMS Qts 0.42 Fs 33.7 Hz Vas 46,5 / 1.64 cu.ft The recomended ported box is "55 Liter / 1.94 cu.ft" Currently this box is 2.07 cu.ft, I was unable to locate woofer displacement on the spec sheets so I guessed around 0.14 which brings it to 1.93 cu.ft and 33.48Hz. On the old version of Torres the port area was 21-28in and the area was in the right area going off a guide on here at 25in. Is it ok mounting the sub in the center of the box or should it be closer to the port? Am i doing this right or I am going in the wrong direction ? Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
GZRWbass Posted September 16, 2013 Author Report Posted September 16, 2013 Bump, as I would love to start building this.
bbeljefe Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 I would mount it closer to the port. The idea there is to keep the rear of the driver away from the turbulence of the port. Also, for that driver and tuning you should have about 40in² of port area. You currently only have 25in² At 12.5" tall, your port should be 3.2" wide. If you can afford the space, it would be easiest to widen the box in order to accommodate the increase in port area. Other than that, it looks good to me... with one caveat. I do not use Torres Box Calculator and as such, did not look at anything other than the port area and the tuning/volume you mentioned. Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc Instagram: audioanarchyllc Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe
ROLEXrifleman Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 LOL, no response for hours. Change avatar pic and boom, gets a response in minutes. Stay classy SMD Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
321slapinbass Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 LOL, no response for hours. Change avatar pic and boom, gets a response in minutes. Stay classy SMD haha so true 2000 Dodge Durango Subs - (2) SKAR VVX 15 D2's Box - 7.2 ft^3 @ 33hz, 120 in of port Sub amp - Digital Designs M2 @ .5 ohm Mids + Highs - PRV Audio Mids + Highs amp - Hifonics 2000.4 Headunit - Alpine CDE-100 Equalizer - Clarion EQS746 Batteries - Mopar group 27 + (2) C&D 52ah Wiring - 1/0 BIG 3, (2) runs 1/0 Alternator - Singer 250A 147.79 dB @ 35hz - burp - sealed on dash 147.47 dB @ 35hz - music - sealed on dash YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/user/321slapinBass/videos
GZRWbass Posted September 16, 2013 Author Report Posted September 16, 2013 Wow, thankyou so much! Great to know I am nearly there! I will have another go to see what would fit best.
Keith77 Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 LOL, no response for hours. Change avatar pic and boom, gets a response in minutes. Stay classy SMD LMAO! Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born. My penis is bigger than your penis I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.
ROLEXrifleman Posted September 16, 2013 Report Posted September 16, 2013 post a few more pics of yourself and you will have a line of guys spec'ing boxes out for you. Rolex you sicken me. Just let me finish my pie ~ Juice
GZRWbass Posted September 16, 2013 Author Report Posted September 16, 2013 Um post a few more pics of yourself and you will have a line of guys spec'ing boxes out for you. mmmm ok. I would mount it closer to the port. The idea there is to keep the rear of the driver away from the turbulence of the port. Also, for that driver and tuning you should have about 40in² of port area. You currently only have 25in² At 12.5" tall, your port should be 3.2" wide. If you can afford the space, it would be easiest to widen the box in order to accommodate the increase in port area. Other than that, it looks good to me... with one caveat. I do not use Torres Box Calculator and as such, did not look at anything other than the port area and the tuning/volume you mentioned. I tried what you suggested, but keeping the port area and port range in check is hard. I managed to do it but now the Net volume is almost double the 1.94 I was aiming for
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.