Sonic Electronix

Need help on my first build. Been out the car audio game for a long time

I think the problem you will have is getting the sound out of the trunk an in to the cabin to be honest. Some one who knows more about this aspect of trunk builds can go from here lol I never done one like yours. Only option I can see for the type of seats you have is eather remove them al together and so a sealed off trunk port and subs facing the cabin with a false floor so it still looks good in te cabin. Or you can try to see if you can get the port firing through the rear deck to get the sound and feeling you want. Other then those I have no clue and probly won't be much help other then suggesting some good equipment to use lol.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Watch Steve's Lexus Isf build videos. He goes over how to seal the sub for the trunk, how to have a port through the rear deck, etc. others can help ya too, but that's a start!

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Him if your gonna pick up the SAZ, why not some X series or Zv4 to go with it? be a sweet combo

My audio system

HU - Kenwood KDC bt755HD

Subs - Sundown SA 10 -2

Amplifier - CT Sounds 900.1

Car - 2013 scion TC

"It matter's not what other's think about you as long as you are happy with who you are"

"Great people didn't not sit around and wait for great thing's to come their way, they laced up their shoes, went out kicked some ass and made them happen"

"Until you've taken a long walk in my size 11 you have no right to judge me"

Musical interests: We came as romans, A Day To Remember, Three Days Grace, Disturbed, Story Of The Year, Atreyu, Breaking Benjamin, rise against, bullet for my valentine, red, skillet, Volbeat, alterbridge, creed, T.I., B.o.B, Eminem, T-pain,

If you already have a t400.4 either get another 400 or sell it and get the 800 and go the t3

Front and rear

Any resion why your looking at 3500-5500k for the subs

Going from 1k to 35+ is a big jump and may not be needed

And u may not have the space for that much power

3500 will require 2-3 batts h/o alt and 2 runs of 0

That's 1500 alown in elec and I don't see you 3k doing what you want

Stick with >2500 and only 1-2 batts and h/o alt required

And >2000 you can do with h/o

And >1500 on stock elec and if requires possible second batt

What are you after bass wise? And what do you want to achive

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got all my 0 gauge wiring and pre-wired all my RCA and power, ground wires. I now just need to find out what speakers and amps to get.

John253a- I plan on selling the T400 and getting something stronger. I never go half ass on power or electrical so that is why I am having a issue on what to choose. Thanks for the input.

Bass wise want something you can feel in the car. I want to achieve the mids and highs to be clean and clear when volume is close to max. And bass you can feel in the car.

My plan for my car was to get a new XS battery for up front and rear, a H/O alternator and do a big 3. Then from there chose my mids and highs. then worry about bass after I am happy with how the mids and high sounds it will be easier for me to adjust the amp

Anyone run tweeters though there double dinn?

deff ported

just choise the size of the sub bassed on the net available weather it be 10' or 12"

if you want to go sealed look into the fiQ fully optioned at close to 300 each

if you decide to go high end in the mids/highs youll be very suppressed at how much the mids do compared to other brands that lack in the 120-300hz bracket

Archived