Second Skin Audio

Help with enclosure design

kicker8940

I have a enclosure i designed and was wondering if someone could take a look at it for me and tell me if it's any good.

I can send the .skp file for google sketchup. I would like to know if my numbers for volume and port tuning are correct.

What are the dimensions of the box and port?

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

Each chamber is going to be just short of 2 cubic feet net, 29 square inches of port area (ratio 7.2:1) and about 34Hz tuning, for a trunk box would be nice given that you have proper clearance for the ports. Can't really see any issues with it being used on around rated power, if the specs match what you were expecting I'd say give it a go.

Each chamber is going to be just short of 2 cubic feet net, 29 square inches of port area (ratio 7.2:1) and about 34Hz tuning, for a trunk box would be nice given that you have proper clearance for the ports. Can't really see any issues with it being used on around rated power, if the specs match what you were expecting I'd say give it a go.

Thanks for the reply Joe.

The numbers i came up with was 1.95cuft with a tuning of 32Hz,will be using a Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D

It should be able to breath pretty good it's going in the back of a Blazer.

Okay can you suggest an enclosure with subs/port up and keep it with separate chambers and ports.

I can get the wood cheap enough and i can build my own enclosures,so i may build one of each and see which one sounds better then sell the one i don't keep.

I hope my electrical is okay,i have a 300amp alt. and 1/0ga OFC to the amp.

Although i'm lacking in the battery department,need a better battery under the hood and would also like to add a smaller one in the back,but i don't have the money for that right now.

And just a reminder the max dimensions are 38"W x 22"D x 18"H

I'd say go for that design and if you are not satisfied do subs up with it, subs up/port back is most used and usually successful setup for that type of vehicle, you can also try that same box subs/port up without changing it by sitting on it's back. Lastly usually people have liked better common chamber setups over separates after modding, I know you are not for that this time but it's another thing that you could try later on just by taking out the middle wall.

Okay i could try setting the box on it's back and see how it sounds,but i wouldn't want to leave it that because i would like the box to be even or below the back seat line.

If you get time and don't mind can you come up with a design for me,subs up/port back.

Thanks for all your help.

Archived