Sonic Electronix

New HU, sub amp not working

Alright guys, weird problem. from the beginning, to get pioneer Head Unit to play video while driving had to buy the bypass chip. Didn't work the way it was supposed to. Had to add a relay on the remote wire side of the bypass chip. Seemed like everything worked as it should except the sub amp, thus this thread. Tried everything I could think, only thing that kept failing was the sub amp.

Here's where it gets weird, off the relay (from CE electric) there is 2 remote wires, 1 for sub amp and 1 for highs/mids amp. Both make the highs amp work great. neither allow the sub amp to work. The sub amp turns on from the remote wire, I.E. powers on (lights, etc.) but no output. You can put either one of those wires into the highs amp and bam, you got music.

I ran a wire from the power in on the sub amp to the remote in on the sub amp and THEN it plays, but not from the remote wire from the deck that goes through the bypass chip and the relay, however the highs amp does work through the remote wire.

Not some of the time, but 100% each time for each amp, 1 not working and 1 working....

Makes no sense to me. It's almost like some how the remote wires don't carry enough signal for the sub amp to be happy but enough for the highs amp to be happy but the sub amp lights up and all that so........what am I missing here??

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Same voltage at the remote wire at amp as there is on the positive side of the amp B+

Yes the subwoofer is turned on on the HU but there must be another setting? errr wait, it does this same thing even with the front or rear RCA's hooked up instead of the subwoofer ones.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

Alright guys, weird problem. from the beginning, to get pioneer Head Unit to play video while driving had to buy the bypass chip. Didn't work the way it was supposed to. Had to add a relay on the remote wire side of the bypass chip. Seemed like everything worked as it should except the sub amp, thus this thread. Tried everything I could think, only thing that kept failing was the sub amp.

Here's where it gets weird, off the relay (from CE electric) there is 2 remote wires, 1 for sub amp and 1 for highs/mids amp. Both make the highs amp work great. neither allow the sub amp to work. The sub amp turns on from the remote wire, I.E. powers on (lights, etc.) but no output. You can put either one of those wires into the highs amp and bam, you got music.

I ran a wire from the power in on the sub amp to the remote in on the sub amp and THEN it plays, but not from the remote wire from the deck that goes through the bypass chip and the relay, however the highs amp does work through the remote wire.

Not some of the time, but 100% each time for each amp, 1 not working and 1 working....

Makes no sense to me. It's almost like some how the remote wires don't carry enough signal for the sub amp to be happy but enough for the highs amp to be happy but the sub amp lights up and all that so........what am I missing here??

just hook up the amp turn on directly to the decks turn on not the bypass relay!!!

smdsig2.jpg

just hook up the amp turn on directly to the decks turn on not the bypass relay!!!

Damn man, good point, thus why i am here asking questions, lol. THANKS!! sucks I have to pull my HU back out but fuck anything at this point is better than nothing.

Oh and actually the relay is made by CE Electric as a multiple amps turn on relay, the bypass thing is more of just a little chip, so I thought wiring to the relay would be fine. On it's own the relay did what it was supposed to, either way the prob is not the relay. Just wanted to clarify that the relay is made for hooking amps to it and the bypass chip was a separate thing than the relay. Anyways, thanks again!!!!!!

I don't remember exactly how I have it wired behind the HU but I hope this trick will work for me.

Sucks, because I currently have all mids and highs pulled from vehicle to see which are blown and which aren't so no music what-so-ever, lmao.

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Dude, with the HU and wires still hanging out it works....thanks so much again.

How come I am so stupid some times. Assuming something that should work is working properly is just stupid.

"haste makes waste"

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Well this thread can get closed because this problem is resolved. =)

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Archived