Simple Wiring Question, help!

Tweeters and mids are made to play different frequencies, requiring more fine tuning than most head units or amps can provide.

You need to do some research on crossovers, as well as the range of frequencies you should send to each speaker type.

Tweeters and mids are made to play different frequencies, requiring more fine tuning than most head units or amps can provide.

You need to do some research on crossovers, as well as the range of frequencies you should send to each speaker type.

I know what frequencies im planning to run them at, and i have the crossovers for the ft1s. is that all i need, or need to know.

You could send a full range signal through the amp as long as you have crossovers for the tweeters (which you already have) AND crossovers for the mids. Set HPF to 80 hz or the lowest you want to send to the mids, that way all frequencies at your set point and above will be sent through. Then the crossovers will weed out a specific set of frequencies for each of your tweeters and mids.

This way will require you to spend more time and money on crossovers though.

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Wjy not pick up another 200.2 one tweents and one mids

Im back again guys. So i went ahead and found an aq120.4, and bought the 4 pwx8s from cj. The plan is to run the ft1s on two channels of the 120.4 and then the pwx6s on the other two channels, then running the 8s off both channels of the 200.2.

Here is my question, am i now good with frequency filtering with how i am going to wire all the different speakers? Now i wont need the external crossovers because i have all different filters for each type of speaker im using, correct? or am i off again? just tryin to get it right. So now i have a set of filters for the tweets, a set for the 6s, and a set for the 8s..

I am also planning on selling the pwx6s that are 8 ohm each (with the crossovers) so i can buy 4 4ohm pwxs and run each pair at 2 ohm on the 120.4. Will i need crossovers anymore?

Not sure of the features of that amp, but if it has a infrasonic aka "subsonic" filter AND a LPF that you can use at the same time, then maybe you will be ok with just that, depending on the frequency range.

Being that it is 4 channel, you probably don't have those features but like I said, I'm not sure.

I am also planning on selling the pwx6s that are 8 ohm each (with the crossovers) so i can buy 4 4ohm pwxs and run each pair at 2 ohm on the 120.4. Will i need crossovers anymore?

Not sure of the features of that amp, but if it has a infrasonic aka "subsonic" filter AND a LPF that you can use at the same time, then maybe you will be ok with just that, depending on the frequency range.

Being that it is 4 channel, you probably don't have those features but like I said, I'm not sure.

it has gain, high pass filter, low pass filter, and bass boost... ? would that help explain?

Archived