advise needed for spl system... what would you do?

toolshed

fyi.... my measurements are as follows and this is just the most square, and smallest points of the box... does not include where i will get more space by going all the way to the floor and not stopping at the rear hump and also going an inch from the window will give me more space. 51 across 19 deep and 39 tall... I will get 1.1 cubes added by going all the way to the floor and also 1.2 for going closer to the side glasses.... that is with wood displacement also.

Me just guessing, a shelf or L-port will take up around 3 cubes. Lets say with 4 subs and bracing, that leave 3.5 cubes per sub. So in a flat wall, 4 should fit perfectly. If they are older subs, that will likely want more air per sub than today's modern subs.

Question: Are these subs similar to CV Strokers with the spider on the outside and tons of throw(Xmax)?

these subs were pretty popular, underrated, and used back in the late 90s in a guys green van that competed in db and spl comps., as he ran 12 subs and 24 colosis hifonics amps. the subs were dual 6 coils. it was in the 170s.. dont remember the exact number though.

170db in the 90's is nothing near a 170 now. they used the old stick mic back then and they metered very high.

if i run three subs at 3 ohms then it puts 1 ohm on the amp.... that is the amps max out put. If i did 4, the impediance would be .75..... which is lower than the recommended load

..... no.... what? who taught you that? lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived