Nick580 Posted September 24, 2013 Report Posted September 24, 2013 I have reacently installed an Orion Cobalt 430 amplifier to my 6.5" Alpine type R components and I have been troubleshooting a noise issue for days. the noise occurs when key is on or engine is running and makes a faint disk sound when key is off and the HU is on. I have my amplifier grounded to the frame, I have moved my amplifier to different locations within the vehicle, and made sure that all connections were secure but noise still persists. I figure alternator whine or a ground loop of some kind may be causing this however I am having problems curing the issue. I realize this type of question comes up a lot and I have scoured the forum as well as other sources but with no success. Any help is appreciated.
Nick580 Posted September 24, 2013 Author Report Posted September 24, 2013 I would also like to add that there is no audible noise coming through to the monoblock
David Bailey Posted September 24, 2013 Report Posted September 24, 2013 Are you using good quality RCA's? Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
Nick580 Posted September 24, 2013 Author Report Posted September 24, 2013 Stinger 4channel 8000 series RCAs
Guest Posted September 24, 2013 Report Posted September 24, 2013 is the power wire close to the RCA's?
lightfoot Posted September 24, 2013 Report Posted September 24, 2013 how did u set your gains? Sounds like they are up to high.
Nick580 Posted September 24, 2013 Author Report Posted September 24, 2013 is the power wire close to the RCA's? yes I have tried moving the RCA's thinking that some type of interference may be coming through the lines, but it seemed to make no difference. They are both currently being run together
Guest Posted September 24, 2013 Report Posted September 24, 2013 is the power wire close to the RCA's? yes I have tried moving the RCA's thinking that some type of interference may be coming through the lines, but it seemed to make no difference. They are both currently being run together what kind of headunit? edit: have you been hot swapping your rca's? meaning, have you been plugging/unplugging rca's while the headunit is still on with the key in the ignition?
Nick580 Posted September 24, 2013 Author Report Posted September 24, 2013 The gains are about half way up and the HU is a 2 volt preout. This amp is really old and temporary. is it possible that I will need some kind of noise filter since I doubt the bottom line old school Orion amp has this internally?
David Bailey Posted September 24, 2013 Report Posted September 24, 2013 is the power wire close to the RCA's? yes I have tried moving the RCA's thinking that some type of interference may be coming through the lines, but it seemed to make no difference. They are both currently being run together But they are NOT being run next to your power wire, right? And yeah, if you have a Pioneer HU, then there is a trick to get rid of the noise they are known for. You can find it all over you tube and google. Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed? KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4 Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.