Rob Smith Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 I am on the verge of buying one of the two for a phenomenal price, but after modeling them both in WinISD the 95 models as quite peaky and the 35 as a nice curve. Considering they use the same coil and most of the same soft parts etc (I am told), I find the VAS on the 95 being 31.5L vs 53.8L on the 35 doubtful. Is this right? Thinking if it is, I'll just stick with my SA and buy a bigger amp instead... Below is a plot: Current SA-12 - Yellow DD 3512g - Green DD 9512i - Red
P4killer_ Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 Well imo it depends on application. Ive ran sa's and 35s. I loved my 3512 on around 2k. The sa would never last on that power, but they are def beastly subs. Obviously 95 series will eat gobs more power than either and from what I hear the I revision is not your typical just better cooling or w.e and is substantially improved. If you plan on running more than 1200w per imo you have no choice but to move to 35s. 2k or more 95s .. etc etc That being said, I just really liked how my 35 sounded and would take it over an sa everyday. But if it means spending alot more money and running 1k or so each id just stay with the sa. Its a beast it just has its limits. You gots money than go 95 ftw just do it some justice and powah that ish. Setup: 2010 Hyundai Elantra Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000 Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of - DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s
Bump4life Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 i wonder if this qualifies as a vs thread. but im laughing at the fact you are comparing an SA to a 9500. even a 3500. how much power are you gunna run to that SA? i hear that they can take like 3000 watts a piece.... the soft parts are different on the 9500 vs 3500. i can run 4000 on a 9500 where i can only run 2400 on a 3500. there is a reason. SA may be right for your situation. but with any sub you can make it play flat if you want it to. WIN ISD isnt the best model considering i have no idea where you got ALL the T/S params for the DDs. and pm me if you want a really good price on those DD. lol. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Rob Smith Posted September 27, 2013 Author Report Posted September 27, 2013 I did not mean this as an SA vs DD thread. I am happy with the SA, more seeking to confirm the DD TS information for the 95 series is not accurate or that they are infact peaky subwoofers. The way it's looking both in the graph and the power requirements to get them loud, the 35 is looking smarter since I will never run more than 2k per sub because of the electrical support work required, I think it is a nice fit.
Dd9515 king Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 The dd's are way different. The 35 and 95 are like comparing a civic to a ferrei. On win isd you are putting in t/s perameters that are for a brand new sub. The dd's have so strong of spiders that there t/s perameters change withing days of playing. The sa's dont.( love sundown tho z4's amazing) the sa's will show a better graph then the dd's for they do not have very stiff spiders. Try using win isd on the upper end sundowns it wont be close to what they will really do.
Bump4life Posted September 27, 2013 Report Posted September 27, 2013 I did not mean this as an SA vs DD thread. I am happy with the SA, more seeking to confirm the DD TS information for the 95 series is not accurate or that they are infact peaky subwoofers. The way it's looking both in the graph and the power requirements to get them loud, the 35 is looking smarter since I will never run more than 2k per sub because of the electrical support work required, I think it is a nice fit. no such thing as DD TS information unless you do tests yourself. In my opinion any sub can be "peaky" all comes down to the box. DD can be made to play flat. My buddy had a 9518 in a lower tuned box (PWK designs), played very flat and played down to 27hz no problems. then my box is more peaky around 35-45 hz. it all depends on enclosure. If you want to PM me for a specific box design based on what you want I'd be happy to help. Ive had "some" experience with these woofers. even if you are looking to run 2k, the 9500s will do fine. In my opinion the rating of the 9500s at 1500 rms is about right. you can make them take more (i have them on 4k a piece) , but even a true 1200 rms per woofer is plenty. the motor force of a 9500 compared to a 3500 is almost double. and you only pay slightly more. Buyer/Seller Feedback Thread: http://www.stevemead...5015-bump4life/ MB C220 153 Trunk Car Build Log: http://www.stevemead...d/#entry1840136 MB C280 Ipad Dash SQ Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/194484-bump4lifes-new-benz-tony-c-relay-kit-pictures-ce-electric-audison-front-stage-installed/ My SPL Log: http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1 BMW M340 xDrive Stock, for now. Corner Load 10" maybe soon. But does 10s in the 1/4... Best Scores out of a trunk 153.0 sealed legal full tilt clamped 5524 @ 42 hz 154+ windows down, 155+ kick
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.