XS Power

So in the very near future, I will upgrading to 2 CT-Sounds 2500.1's (3900w @ 1 @ 14.4v). The pair will be strapped at 1 (.5 each) so I should realistically be seeing... 10k rms or so. I went on the XS site and used the calculator.... but it seems a bit off. I will have a yellow-top up front (Which I might upgrade to a d3400 as well) and a 240a alt.... The calculator only says to use (2) D3100s... Doesn't that seem a bit low? i was thinking I'd need 3 or 4.... Or was thinking 6 XP950s... Any insight on if it's correct/If it's enough, and benefit of going with a d3100 over a few xp950's or vice-versa?

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

real men dont use fuses :D

Neither do morons
Says the guy with lambo doors on his Ford Taurus.

I would do three but I could see you getting away with two on top of the electrical you already have. I mean you're looking at 10,000 like on the best day ever, lol

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Well, first off, you wont be seeing anything close to 10k...sounds like you need to do some more research to understand how running at .5 and imp rise etc works with amps?

But anyways, with that power and a 240 amp alt, 2 d3100s would be a safe minimum. More batts of course will be better.

Team NorthWestSPL

I realize I won't see 10k but I'd like my electrical to be up to par with the best possible situation. That way I know it'll be solid.

Wall build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174827-walled-taurus-with-lambo-doors/#entry2571893

Neither do morons

there is a lot that comes in to play.

will you be at full tilt at all times? if so then you will need more bat.

If you are not going to be at full tilt then their will be time for the alt to charge after each cycle or bass line.

Email XS power your specs and tell them what your doing and they will get back to you with the info you need

King dingalingIts not finished till i say so Bit@^!

there is a lot that comes in to play.

will you be at full tilt at all times? if so then you will need more bat.

If you are not going to be at full tilt then their will be time for the alt to charge after each cycle or bass line.

Email XS power your specs and tell them what your doing and they will get back to you with the info you need

Likely, no. Mostly 30-second runs.

Neither do morons

I have quite a bit of experience with the board in the CT2.5's. 4k burps (clamp method) on batts if you keep rise to under 1.5 or so is about the best you can hope for.

That's still 8k though. I'd want at least (3) solid G31's for that. But depending on your listening/demo'ing habits, I bet you could get by with a 3400 underhood and a pair of 3100 or 3000's in the back.