jarrius Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 Here is some hints. If using screws pre drill the holes. Always use wood glue.(I used tightbond 2) the glue is what holds te box together. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Nipsy06 Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 So you dont have to drill the box together?
jarrius Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 So you dont have to drill the box together?Not really. The screws will hold the box together wile the glue dries. I used a nail gun with mine and used finishing nails lol. O and as for clamps I would use them but that's just me 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Nipsy06 Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 ok I got it.... I will wait for someone to confirm the box. So curious .... Lets just say Im listening to alot of rap. Would the 35.56 make a difference here on the new box design? Is 35.56 a good freq? I listen to more than rap but of course I listen to rap and dub just to feel the bass. So just wondering.
Nipsy06 Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 Also does the face of the box have 2 pieces? and how should the center piece dividing the subs be done? Do I cut the square hole in the center of the box dividing the subs with a jig and whats the measurements?
jarrius Posted October 3, 2013 Report Posted October 3, 2013 Yes it looks like that's a double baffel box. And to be honest I don't think you need the bracing. I have none in my box for my hdc3 12 and it does not flex at all. If you want to do the bracing just put it I between the subs it's there to secure the baffel and back of the box to make it stronger. 2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d 140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed) 140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL 142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at) 141 on music. strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said: when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole
Nipsy06 Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 I can go with one piece I just want to get it built so I can get the project finished Ive been ordering equipment since July. I just got the 2 subs 3 days ago so now I just need the box. I want to do this project right. I have been going to audio shops getting screwed since I was 16 and im 25 now. I have been screwed by like 5 different shops and probably spent well over $1000 in the process. My old system was ok it was 2 audiobahn aw1200q with the wrong kind of amp LOL crunch 1600watt groundpounder. (got it from a pawn shop it was an a/b class amp I didn't know any better). I talked to guys on this forum and learned how to do this stuff myself so I can quit wasting money, time, and be happy with my final results for a change. That's why I finally upgraded and trying to get this stuff done right and spend as less as possible.
Nipsy06 Posted October 3, 2013 Author Report Posted October 3, 2013 Link to box confirmation page thanks again Kicker8940 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/176464-confirm-box-for-build/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.