Dont feel bad op. B eazy has a huge h2 hummer build called the stormtrooper. And i have a black and white blazer 4x4 and my friend has a 4x4 silverado thats white and black. Many different storm troopers just like in starwars. All called storm troopers and all the builds are differernt. But love the truck iv been eyin the new 2014 silverados just cant bring myself to have a car payment yet

I agree also...great job...and everyone has kool stormtrooper rides...niiiiceee ;) ;)

Will you be using ported or sealed? I found a neat calculator at http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31

Used it to fix my miss-tuned box with a bolt on Aero port design, now it works great!

Big tip here, tuning a ported box is about cross sectional area, it is NOT determined by the volume of air in the port, that was a big mistake on my part, it's the shape of the port that tunes(Well, also, the total airspace inside the box too.). Calculate the cross sectional area you need for those woofers, and then find out how long your port needs to be to tune to what you want. Deep, clean bass comes from lower tuning, 30 ish. If you want it to smack you, you have to tune higher, like 38 or more. It's a compromise though, because it will not have much punch bellow the tuning frequency, so you have to decide what you want, more range and less punch, or more punch and less range? Hope this helps a bit. Also, sealed boxes can be tuned, it's not as noticeable, but packing it with polyfill slows down the movement of the bass waves, making it sound bigger and deeper.

Knowledge is the greatest tool in any garage. It's also the most priceless, and most easily shared. icon_nuts.gif

Here's my latest build.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/181273-89-c1500-build-log/

Looks nice man! definatly better than my first box, haha. So is that ported? What tuning?

Funny how the people who have a louder system than you will usually give you a compliment about your setup because they know how much blood, sweat, time, and money you put into it. The people who criticize or try and one up you....have a p.o.s to no system at all and will tell you all about this "other" guys system! Saddley I'm sure if I meet this "other" guy...he will probably tell me he thinks your just as annoying as I think you are!

I'm not compensating, just proud of fabricating!

My build log: 10k center console with 4 DC Audio XL 10's powered by 2 DC Audio 5.0k amps 5 xs batteries and dual DC Power 300xps alts

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169404-goodvibez-04-dmax-10k-center-console-w4-xl-10s-custom-5ksit-plays/page-19

Archived