Has anyone here used circuit breakers rather then in line fuses for thier wireing on thier setup.

From what im told the ideas to just flip the breaker rather then replace a fuse. A customer was telling me about this today and i was kinda puzzled as to why youd throw a circuit breaker in there, and that was his reasoning.

the shop around here told my friend not to use them because sometimes they stick...

A stuck circuit breaker is about as good as no fuse at all... I guess you could wire it so there was a fuse right after it for backup :\

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Kicker CX600.1 (Kicker "Certified" 638wrms@2ohm)

NVX VCW124 @2 Ohm, ~1.25 ft^3 Sealed box

Stock Doors; (4) 6.5's, (2) 4's, (4) 1" Tweets

Owner/Founder of RT Photography

Canon Traitor who moved to Fujifilm

I use them now. They are absoutely amazeing. When you blow a fuse, you need a new fuse. When you pop the breaker, you go to under your hood, click and push the botton back and its brand new working again. Just like a house circuit breaker. Its an easy way to descirbe it. They are very reliable and i use them when i upgraded my big 3 from alt to battery positive and from my postive to my postive of my second battery. Blew it once and pushed the botton back in and worked brand new.

the shop around here told my friend not to use them because sometimes they stick...

A stuck circuit breaker is about as good as no fuse at all... I guess you could wire it so there was a fuse right after it for backup :\

kinda seems liek a waste of time to use it at all imo if thats the case

Also need to add when I compete and a few buddies we turn up out amps and have battery chargers on the batteries, out amps are drawing more current and sometimes pop the fuses. Need to go buy a new fuse and put it in. Or now with a breaker you can re push in the button and continue right on.

well i mean it would still be usefull then if it really doesnt stick, cause then if your breaker flips, it will before the fuse... the fuse is just so the amp doesnt fry if the breaker fails... just a last resort type thing

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD

Also need to add when I compete and a few buddies we turn up out amps and have battery chargers on the batteries, out amps are drawing more current and sometimes pop the fuses. Need to go buy a new fuse and put it in. Or now with a breaker you can re push in the button and continue right on.

i would think just doing that all the time you end up overdoing an amp because your just popping it back and its poping for a reason

i would think just doing that all the time you end up overdoing an amp because your just popping it back and its poping for a reason

Not at all. How often are you popping your current fuse? Just replace with the same amp circuit breaker. Simple as that to be honest

i know sometimes some songs are just too much bass for what i have my system tuned for for optimum bass and it blows the fuse dues to over-clipping and voltage drop.... a cb would kindof be nice right about now

2009 VW Rabbit 2-Door:

Pioneer AVH-X1600DVD