breakers actually take a little bit longer to open the circuit then a fuse does.... which could be the time ur amp cooks.

Besides ANL type fuses and others a long the same type (no soldered connections) seem to do better in a "under the hood" environment then a breaker does.

Both have their purpose but when it comes to electronics... I always use fuses.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Thats what everyone, includeing myself use around here. I hope im not affending anyone either or stepping on anyones feet but I find them to be the best thing.

well not to step on any bodys toes but i have had a faulty breaker before and it caused alot of smoke and flames and heartache

to sit and watch your toy go down in flames

and yes i do beleive if my memory serves me right most homes dont have a fuse higher then i would say maybe 50 amp breakers theres no need for anything bigger

since 1000 watts divide by 120 volts is only about 8.33 amps

and 1000 watts divided by 12.6 is around 80 amps

but like i said im not sure but they can be faulty breaker

No what im saying with the whole home thing and breakers is that if they dident work and werent relaible, they SURE AS HELL wouldent be used in an enviorment that someone lives in on a daily basis. Blowing a fuse or popping a breaker same thing. Dont matter if its car audio or a home electircal breaker setup.

No what im saying with the whole home thing and breakers is that if they dident work and werent relaible, they SURE AS HELL wouldent be used in an enviorment that someone lives in on a daily basis. Blowing a fuse or popping a breaker same thing. Dont matter if its car audio or a home electircal breaker setup.

oh i know i was just thinking about when my car burnt up because of a bad circuit breaker

Guest MegaloManiac

you didnt read my post ;)

you didnt read my post ;)

No I did and I still stand on my opinion and will have them from my experiences. Just from my brother being an electrician and taking technology classes, I understand the use of the fuse and why its relaible as it is, but my whole reasoning with the circuit breaker will stand.

Edited by PaulO2288

...if my memory serves me right most homes dont have a fuse higher then i would say maybe 50 amp breakers theres no need for anything bigger...

The main breaker in the breaker box is normally 80+ amp depending on the house.... some are more

http://www.hardwareandtools.com/invt/6857296?ref=gbase

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz