Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Down N Dirty Dual 12W7 Box Build No frills Git'RDone That's What's Up


Recommended Posts

Posted

Just as the title says. I've been so swamped at work and home over the last few months I don't have the time to dedicate to building an intricate system. that doesn't mean I cant have sounds that sound good. So, in order to save time I decided to construct the box around ease on installation into the car. No in trunk build no nothing like that. Just something I could slide right in, that is if my measurement are correct.. ha ha.

With that said, plain ole plain ole box with simple math behind it to get the tuning where I want. i'll post specs later. Then I thought.... why don't we answer a few other questions. Like will glue and staples keep a box together, with no internal bracing! So with that said, tight bond II and 2" brads from my bostich is all that's gonna be keeping this together. Will it hold up I guess we will see.

The only things done to the box were round overs on the port and the top and bottoms of the box. The port round over was for obvious reasons. the top and bottom purely cause I hate sharp edges top and bottom. Again, no frills anyone can build this box. no 45's in the corners etc... Yes, it will be silicone sealed though that should go without say.

Anyway, if you got thoughts b4 I start nailing away post up otherwise box build for 2 12w7's on a T2500bdcp here I come.

Here's the mock up in the living room. It's cold out today

DSC_0346_zpsaa59a5dc.jpg

Forgot to mention. I will double baffle. This thing doesn't last 10 minutes without it

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Posted

Thanks bro!

This one is pretty cut and dry. We will see how it turns out. I'm curious to see how it turns out sound wise. Luckily I have a Term Lab so I wont be guessing what it does, the meter will tell me.

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6425 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...