Sonic Electronix

I gave away a roll of fatmat to a member here. Mostly because he didn't have the funds for some deadener and I was more than happy to help.

Bad idea going cheap unless it's free (like what I gave dude). It falls off doors onto widows, gums up regulators and causes herpes...

It won't effect the sound.

Exactly..

I have 120 mm in my roof

Creating a barrier on the roof -let alone out of vibration damping material- has very little point to it, unless you have sound coming directly from above you car. This is because the window line is the weak link behind that.

To build a barrier you will need another material such as mass loaded vinyl (MLV) and lead sheeting. As these two object have very high mass and a resonant frequency well below the audible spectrum.

b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png

Krakin's Home Dipole Project

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist?

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself

but what has drawn your attention

in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums

An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.

For building a barrier it is best to think of it as building two thirds of a bubble. You want mass loaded vinyl covering all of that two thirds.

Before you do that you need to put about a one eight layer of closed cell foam between to decouple the vinyl from the vehicle.

Make sure you use vinyl contact cement to secure MLV to the CCF, or vinyl specified Velco strips (not the same Velcro strips you buy at Lowes)

Somewhat ninja'd

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370

I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears,

Check out Evercoat Q Pads make sure you have a heat gun.

I have never known that fiberglass was a good acoustical dampening material. I assume that is what it is as it never directly states it's composition, and every other product that company offers is fiberglass.

Archived