16volt help

Turn your regulator up to whatever the problem voltage is. Measure your voltage from whatever your regulator is hooked up to, then measure the voltage at the regulator itself.

Where is your reg. Wired and where are you reading voltage?

ill try to get the exact numbers in a little bit, but for now i can tell you i have my regulators in the top left corner of the engine bay. i have a tahoe like steves, and i am testing the voltage at the battery bank. its kinda weird because when i adjust my 12v batt i can actually see it rising without having to push the gas. but for the 16v bank i turn it and theres no immediate change until i push the gas a tiny bit and it shoots past 18,19, even going into the 20 range and i tell my friend lay off the pedal. and its such a light touch to the pedal not even how i would be pushing during driving. so then i go and turn the knob down a tiny bit. and go to check again, so the voltage sits at around 17.8 when the knob is all the way down, then he pushes the pedal slowly with no change until hes revving it at about 2k or so with absolutely no change in voltage. hope you understood what i was trying to say. basically goes from no change at 2k rpm, dial it up as little as can be, then its on its way to 20 plus volts with only revving at 600 or 700 rpm its ridiculous. ill try get those numbers for you in a little. maybe i need one of those knobs you posted.

Archived