Ok... lets talk dash cams

I've been using a standard camera as a dash cam for some time now. It works great, but the batteries on it are starting to die. Replacing them would be more than the camera is worth... So I'm strongly considering moving to something else.

The "perfect" dash cam would have the following (in order of importance)

-Motion detection so I can see if someone nails me in a parking lot or something

-1080p video. Clear, quality video. Even at night

-No more than $200. Hard budget.

I don't care about GPS capability

I don't want one that replaces my rearview on account of a tint strip across the top of my windshield.

Now... I also know there is a lot of cheap china crap cameras out there. Just like car audio equipment. Just because it shows up on google doesn't necessarily make it good :P

Any input?

I have a 7.5 gallaxy tab mounted in my dash I use the camera and video . It's semi permanent I used the factory radio hole and moved the head unit in to the center console. It dam near looks like it's factory .

I bet you can down load a program to do what your needing . I download all my music in my truck and I can plug it in the head unit and control all the music files from the radio. I get Internet off my cell phone. It works good for me . Not sure if other rides will be as easy as mine was. Mines in a 04 chevy truck. Shit bro I missed the rear view mirror part lol I Tryed

Archived