Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

S3W15 ported box second opinions


Bassesloaded

Recommended Posts

Posted

been trying to design a slot ported box for a Cadence S3W15-D2. right now its in a small sealed prefab bout 1.5-19cuft

I tried using BB6 and winisd but no option for slot port. also I don't have all the parameters for this sub.

I have a flier with a lot of info on it u can find it here or here.

they recommend a 2.75cuft ported with a tuning frequency of 45Hz.I think that's proly a lil higher than wut im looking for.

so I called cadence to see wut else they might recommend for me. i said i love the output but i want it to be cleaner sounding. I told em I wanted to get a lil bit lower with the low lows. lol.

I was told a 2.8-3.5cuft sealed box is wut I would want.

info i received from matt at cadence that wasn't listed approx:

"xmax peak to peak=1.7in displacement=.15 approx."

Im not sure that's what i want, cause I like the sound of a ported box.

So i used these calculations to determine a box size that may be suitable.

here is my results

vas=61.772
qts=.440
fs=35.465

vb=20*.440^3.3*61.772
vb=82.2650736474
fb=(61.772/82.2650736474)^0.31*35.465
fb=32.4510368418
f3=(61.772/82.2650736474)^0.44*35.465
f3=31.2646434208

so based on these calutaions i used torres to get approx dimensions for everything.

torres_s3w15d2.png

then used sketchup to model it.

s3w15.jpg

s3w15front.jpg

im not one hundred percent this is how it should be constructed.

anyway this is what i have come up with since Monday. do u think this box will work?

did i f it up some where?

what would u recommend?

Posted

I was just talking to a friend about my design. He said i messed it all up. According to him the the port is cutting into the box space. Apparently i should have added the port measurements to origi.al box dimensions. So it sould 26.25" instead of 23". Is this right?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6040 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...