cmiller8006 Posted October 12, 2013 Report Posted October 12, 2013 Installed the Rockford line driver, turned the gain all the way down, bass on the stock head unit is all the way down. Car is a 2012 equinox. Not sure what the issue is, the output seems to be right about the 5 v the soundquebed 2200 says to give it. As soon as I turn the head unit up to where I usually do the amp goes into protect. I am using the high level inputs if that matters. Any suggestions. Also right now it has just the big three and 0 gauge, stock battery. I know that's not to good, can low valtage send the amp into protect? Plans are to try and fit a second battery in the back.
truthsayer Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 Why not try the low level Rca's , and switching from balanced and unbalanced. Because it sound like your voltage from the driver to the amp is to high. truthsayer
cmiller8006 Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 I will try unabalanced as the gain on the driver is all the way down and already a little over 5 volts and it looks like the amp takes 5 volts in.
Kyblack76 Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 You need to be running unbalanced. SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
CleanSierra Posted October 14, 2013 Report Posted October 14, 2013 Low voltage can CERTAINLY throw the amp into protect. Do you have any alternator whine in your system? Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
cmiller8006 Posted October 14, 2013 Author Report Posted October 14, 2013 Ok switched it to unbalanced and now she is moving like she should. No alternator whine goin on, stock alt is 145 amps, I know not much but better then most lol. I am thinking now with a nice bat in back it should be doing well. Thanks guys.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.