Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

need help with subwoofer choice for a boat


UnIbOnGeR

Recommended Posts

Posted

hey guys im new to this forum but have been a fan for years so im lookin at 2 sundown x12 subs to mount in my boat a 26ft Baja there gonna be mounted under the rear bench (facing forward) in a fiberglass enclosure of some kind im totally lost when it comes to boats don't know if the subs are a good choice or not and if to go ported or sealed or if fibelglass is even the way to go but I assume it is due to moisture hell im jus plain lost lol any advice would be greatly appreciated as far as subs enclosure etc im also lookin at the American bass VFL 100.1 amp not sure if this is a good choice haven't kept in the car audio scene for a cpl of years so like I said im just plain lost im open to any and all recommendations u guys got as far s equipmentand enclosure thx for lookin and have a great day

Posted

Me personally if I'm putting audio on a boat I would make sure it's marine grade.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

Check Rockford Fosgate they have excellent marine products.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/


th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Posted

I don't think it hast to be marine grade unless the subs will be facing out getting hit with water and sun.

I think the Sundown X may be a bit much for what you want. Look into the SA series...

Thats cool. Im way too old to be upset by shit like that. Your name is winston. Your own parents hated you even before you were born.

My penis is bigger than your penis

I'm far from loud and my roof/headliner flaps around like Adam's ass on a windy day. I think it depends more on the structure of the vehicle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...