iceman1575 Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 I'm trying to keep things simple with my new truck. Still had stock head unit, but has some cheap Kicker coax in the doors. Going to try and upgrade those as much as possible while keeping the stock head unit, but get something better. I plan on eventually adding my 4 SA-8's back in it, but that's not a plan anytime soon...Any recommendations? I believe they are all 6.5's. POTATO!
Chris Hammer Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 What is your budget? Against Component sets? Even on stock headunit they are better IMO. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
iceman1575 Posted October 15, 2013 Author Report Posted October 15, 2013 What is your budget? Against Component sets? Even on stock headunit they are better IMO. No fine budget, it's not going to be an immediate thing, just looking at my options. Less hassle to deal with, I'm trying to keep this truck as clean as possible for when/if I resell it. POTATO!
Chris Hammer Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 I thought most silverados sierras have a tweeter from factory, my gmc canyon did and both my father and stepfather did. Anyways if you did components on a budget pioneer takes the cake for budget speakers on factory headunit IMO. No budget limits while keeping it reasonable I have heard CDT coaxial speakers in someones truck before. Sounded GREAT, and no modifications to the doors. http://www.cdtaudio.com/coaxials/cl6cx.htm Factory headunit. Trying to get my stepdad to go to them for a while now lol. He has Polk DB605 ? I believe in his 2500. They sound pretty good to on factory headunit and they are about half the price of the CDT's. MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild***** Vehicles 2005 GMC Canyon CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.) crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it. CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg Sold to: Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585 Shower farts still piss me off.I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.
Skullz Posted October 15, 2013 Report Posted October 15, 2013 Hybrid audio's Imagines, hertz coax's HCX165 or ECX165 would be some good options. 01 Ford focus ZX3 Pioneer AVH-X491BHS PPI PC 4800.2 Morel Maximo 6.5" x2
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.