Question about re-finishing my rims.

OK, so I took advantage of this wonderful, overcast 75 degree Florida day to wash and wax my car! Yes, it came out great, like a black pearl that a mermaid uses as a mirror! But, each time I get to my black, and once beautiful rims, a tear comes to my eye as I feel and see the roughed up edges. Abused by curbs in Downtown Orlando over the years, I have touched them up with the little color match paint from auto zone more than half a dozen times. And well, since I am always searching a way to keep me busy and keeping my car looking great, I had a thought! I can sand them down to smooth the roughness out, and re-finish them myself! But, I have a feeling this might not be such an easy job. ANyone ever tried this? These are not stock, not cheap rims. Can't remember the brand, but they are 19" and came in a beautiful black color. What kind of paint would be good, and if I even think about a spray can, should I stop before I start?

My second option would be to plasti-dip them, but i'm not sure if I would like the flat black finish with a gloss black painted car. I would like the other way around, flat-black paint with gloss rims, but that is not an option. Anyway, feel free to tell me it i easy, or that I should leave it alone and just keep touching them up.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

Take them to a body shop and have them sprayed with lacquer. They will sand them and make them look new. Just plastic dip rims on my jeep. Do not know if I like it or not. But they did turn out good. Plastic dip is soft worried about life on rims.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

I vote plasti dip first, its easily removable so if you don't like it you can peel it off. I think they have a gloss black in the spray can too, but I cant remember. Here a pic of my wheels in flat black

IMG_20130602_184323_zps306ffea5.jpg

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

Take them to a body shop and have them sprayed with lacquer. They will sand them and make them look new. Just plastic dip rims on my jeep. Do not know if I like it or not. But they did turn out good. Plastic dip is soft worried about life on rims.

Yeah, that's why I have not dipped them yet. It comes off pretty easy on areas that are exposed to any type of rubbing/touching. My Einstein wannabe ass dipped my kick panels. SMH (What was I even thinking).. Thanks, I will ask some local body shop guys what the charge would be. I would like to have them powder coated, but then I would need to have extra rims for a week since that is not a one day process.

Did you get that scar tissue when you got your vagina installed?

KNOWLEDGE DESTROYS FEAR Measure twice, cut once

JVC touchscreen HU Mmats E600.4

Realm L56c Audiophile 6.5 comps up front JBL P963 rear deck PB RTA 112 trunk CE Auto Big 3 Mechman 240alt D'Amore VM-1

I noticed when you remove tape from non exposed areas it came off. When this wears off time to purchase new black rims.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

• 3 weeks later...

for plastidip, all you would do it spray the black, it comes out gloss, dries flat and then after about 4/5 coats, depending on the coverage and whatnot, you can hit it with the glossifier for another 4/5 coats and bam ! gloss black rims., both cans will run about 10 bucks each at pepboys or autozone.so for a good 50 or 60 bucks, it should be good,

and with the glossifier, if you only do like 1 or 2 coats, it will still look some what flat, its kinda cool actually

2006 Chrysler 300 touring.

3 arc audio, arc series d4 12s

hifonics brz 1200.1 for subs

hifonics brz 600.4 for 6x9s

ALL WAITTING FOR INSTALLION !

looking into coilovers or universal air ride

20 inch wheels,

5% tint on all windows

50% tint on windshield

debaged rear trunk lid, wings and 300 logo

demolded side stripping,

black mesh grill,

no ubl, not enough cool shit !

once the car is paid off and its mine... gen 2 viper swap, manual trans, going to get viper logos for the rear trunk and mold a viper diamond logo into the wings logo ! only 4 more years of payments and saving..... :morepower1:

Archived