Second Skin Audio

wft!!! box problems

gmsierra2000

Alright, so as I said in PM I'm going to post here with what I got real quick before I head to work. Didn't spend too much time on it so I might've overlooked a couple things, but here it is:

~6.5 net cubs on the bigger side of recommended since you're running a little less power to them, fits within your 20Hx60Wx20D dimensions and I even did 17D because I thought I saw that at one point in the thread. Tuned to ~34hz with ~102 square inches of port. I also changed the port width to only 5 inches after this just to see how much it'd change and it went to 32.44hz with 92.5 square inches of port area. Subs and port forward since I don't really know what sounds best in a truck like that, like I said you may have to find somebody else who has done boxes in a similar vehicle and figure out what sort of orientation sounds best.

BoxHelp_zpsb11023f9.png

ninja.gif Build in progress ninja.gif

Alright, so as I said in PM I'm going to post here with what I got real quick before I head to work. Didn't spend too much time on it so I might've overlooked a couple things, but here it is:

~6.5 net cubs on the bigger side of recommended since you're running a little less power to them, fits within your 20Hx60Wx20D dimensions and I even did 17D because I thought I saw that at one point in the thread. Tuned to ~34hz with ~102 square inches of port. I also changed the port width to only 5 inches after this just to see how much it'd change and it went to 32.44hz with 92.5 square inches of port area. Subs and port forward since I don't really know what sounds best in a truck like that, like I said you may have to find somebody else who has done boxes in a similar vehicle and figure out what sort of orientation sounds best.

BoxHelp_zpsb11023f9.png

great info bro thank very much, I know your in the same town as I am so hopefully if I need help you'll com out for a beer or two. ill start the build prob this coming weekend and take pics as I go and post progress... wish me luck lol

also Joe X also chimed in on the box build and he recommend sub up port up, now my question is, I am going to be installing a sliding rag top on my truck full length roof top like this

4764645533_b8b220d409_z.jpg

1109-01%2B1998-gmc-sierra-dream-killer%2

1109_16_1998_gmc_sierra_dream_killer_rag

so my question is, if I have sub up port up with the rag top close/open will it effect the sound drastically?, should I point these speakers a different direction to get the most sound out of them.

Archived