Sundown Audio

Grhhhh

I was wonderin if anybody could help me out with my amp zx 2500.1 first of all a good nice and powerful amp but this amp keeps gettin extremely hot super hot to where you touch it and it will kinda burn you and second of all after a couple of minutes it goes into protection my voltage never goes below 12.8 even at a steady 14.0 it will get hot and then go into protection i have it at 2ohm with 4gauge kicker hyperflex all the help i can get i sure will appreciate thanks.

u need 1/0 to run that big of an amp, i think the most u can do with 4guage is 800, thats prolly why its gettin hot cause its tryin to pull what it needs from that low of guage wire, try switching it to 1/0 or 0guage and see if that works, and are the gains set right? and do u have a second battery in the back or a cap?

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

u have if fused correctly? and by not runnin it u mean have the s/w thing on the headunit turned off? might be a bad amp how long u have it and is it ina well venolated area? my sony 600w 4ch useto get hella hot and i went to radio shack and got a 12v fan and it worked perfect, ied try that or go to a car stereo shop and get one of those stinger amp fans to put beside it and see if that works, oh and from the 4guage to 1/0 makes one hell of a diff, more strands and alot less resistance, ied get 1/0 or do u have the 1/0 kit with 4guage from the disstrobution block or a straight 4guage kit, if so ied get a 1/0 kit that should make a diff <_<

Edited by tacomabanga1986

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

I was wonderin if anybody could help me out with my amp zx 2500.1 first of all a good nice and powerful amp but this amp keeps gettin extremely hot super hot to where you touch it and it will kinda burn you and second of all after a couple of minutes it goes into protection my voltage never goes below 12.8 even at a steady 14.0 it will get hot and then go into protection i have it at 2ohm with 4gauge kicker hyperflex all the help i can get i sure will appreciate thanks.

u have it wired to the amps lowest impedence so im guessing ur chokin it with that 4 gauge

1/0 kicker flex run= 3+ kicker 4 gauge runs

make sure you have the largest wire going from amp to subs also

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

hmm i dont remember which thread but someone said it right

its like sucking a watermelon thru a straw

if i remember from the wire/fuse guide, after 20ft of 4 gauge it acts more like 8 since the resistance goes up with every foot

http://www.soundstream.com/tech-powercable-selection.htm

u arent even on the chart techincally but ud need 2 gauge minimum, 1/0 preferably

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

I think everyone should have 1/0 gauge. if i were u id get some 1/0. It cant hurt, the only thing is that it costs a lil more. I just picked up a 40' spool of RF 1/0 from HDA cost a total of less than $115, gonna be doin another run or two when i get some more batteries ;)