Second Skin Audio

Who know's about plexiglass?

K_SubieXT

Check and see if there are any DuPont suppliers in town they should have. If you route it to a radius use carbide bits. You can bring the gloss back by heating the edge after you sand it. Use a torch and move up and down the piece. If you see bubbles form you got to hot. Practice on scrap first. You can turn it on a lathe also. Used to build custom displays for stores and that's how I did the edges saves time sanding and buffy it. They have it in all colors also. You will need special chemical to hold the sheets together. Made a black and yellow gavel for a Judge in my hometown.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/garage/vehicle/2438-jeep-commander/

th_140x100square.jpgMechman_140x100px.JPGDCHome.jpgI

image_url-76414-1423274612_thumb.jpgimage_url-76414-1423320284_thumb.jpg

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4
4-6.5 inch Hertz HSK XL Mids
4-8 inch JL Audio ZR Midwoofer

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Morel Tweeters, 2 Hertz Milles 3 inch on A pillars
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

MO Funniest Thread of the Year 2013: http://www.stevemead...dy-being-a-pos/

Check and see if there are any DuPont suppliers in town they should have. If you route it to a radius use carbide bits. You can bring the gloss back by heating the edge after you sand it. Use a torch and move up and down the piece. If you see bubbles form you got to hot. Practice on scrap first. You can turn it on a lathe also. Used to build custom displays for stores and that's how I did the edges saves time sanding and buffy it. They have it in all colors also. You will need special chemical to hold the sheets together. Made a black and yellow gavel for a Judge in my hometown.

Great suggestions!

Turning plexi on a lathe huh..............

That reminds me of something.

Slightly off topic, but thats OK :D

Check out this crazy SOB, I LOVE his videos:

The stuff he does in his garage is mind-blowing.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Great suggestions!

make sure you ease the edges before turning.(45') turn slow medium speed with very sharp tools also.

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

I don't think I have anything like that around here. my only option is lowe's and going online that I know of. also what grit sand paper should use and will just a regular propane torch work?

When you final sand use 220 or 280 grit propane torch works great. Do nut use map gas gets to hot. Pratice on scrap pieces. Remember to keep torch moving. If you see bubbles forming you went to slow!! Good luck on your build and have fun! You can also put in oven and bend it also. 275'. Pratice will make perfect. Made some furniture years ago with some plexi in it. It is in a museum in N.Y. somewhere. Some kind of furniture museum. Have full cabinet shop. Use a triple chip blade on table saw to cut also.

Pioneer P99RS
Ampere 3800
2-Ampere 125/4

2-5.25 Satori Mids
2-Hertz Silk tweeters
DC Audio Level 5/12
Skyhigh Wire
Mechman 320
XS Power D3100

When you final sand use 220 or 280 grit propane torch works great. Do nut use map gas gets to hot. Pratice on scrap pieces. Remember to keep torch moving. If you see bubbles forming you went to slow!! Good luck on your build and have fun! You can also put in oven and bend it also. 275'. Pratice will make perfect. Made some furniture years ago with some plexi in it. It is in a museum in N.Y. somewhere. Some kind of furniture museum. Have full cabinet shop. Use a triple chip blade on table saw to cut also.

Awesome pointers! Thanks a lot

Great suggestions!

make sure you ease the edges before turning.(45') turn slow medium speed with very sharp tools also.

Do you remember what the shipping rates were from estreetplastics? it doesn't say anywhere on the site

Do you remember what the shipping rates were from estreetplastics? it doesn't say anywhere on the site

Here was my biggest order:

Shipping was $16.81.

I don't recall the exact rates but the shipping has always been reasonable for the great selection.

This post sent with 100% recycled electrons.
2004 BMW M3
Mechman 280A
2 - XS Power XP3000

1 - XS Power D375

500F of Maxwell SuperCaps (soon to be 1000F)
iPadMini2

Dash mounted O-scope
Audison bitOne (Remote DRC MP)
Highs Amp - PPI Art A404
Hertz HSK130 (HSK165 waiting...)
DC Audio DC9.0K
2- DC Audio XL12m2

LEGAL             - 147.3dB @ 41Hz
OUTLAW         - 150.2dB @ 45Hz

OUTLAW         - 145.7dB @ 30Hz
JUNE 2014 SOTM WINNER

2014 COLORADO PEOPLE'S CHOICE WINNER

SOTM BUILD:
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/141656-wicks-e46-m3-build-bass-turbo-button-and-a-big-new-addition/page-68#entry2802026

sig-sized6_zps0265e669.png

Here was my biggest order:

Shipping was $16.81.

I don't recall the exact rates but the shipping has always been reasonable for the great selection.

If that's shipping for both of those, that's not too bad at all. I thought the over all pricing would be much higher then the prices they have on the sight

Archived