Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Need help with sub replacement.


Jbiddle530

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hi guys I'm looking for subs that can get a little louder. I'm lookin to replace my jl 8w1v2s with some new 8s. Only have a little over 4.5 inch max depth though. Any suggestions ?? Upgrading from jl slash 500 to alpine pdx1.1000

Posted

Do you know what cubic feet your box is and if it's ported what it is tuned to? And to be honest you might need to build a new box for any real good 8 te ones I was going to recomend are at least 5in of mounting depth. If you have about that much you may still not want to use the current box you have because you need a certain amount of space between the sub and the back of the box.

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

SD-2 8 from sundown is 4.75 mounting depth

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Posted

That's just the thing man no matter what box I have in there depth is the same. Is a single cab and I'm not willing to get rid of m bench seat. And the box I have is .5 cubic ft net per sub tuned to 34 hz

Posted

And I know you need a certain amount f space behind the magnet but that's only if there's a vent hole right. And I don't have 4.75 of depth. It's like 4.6 at most. Any one have any other woofer options.

Posted

Did you tak into account the thickness of the baffle in your mounting depth?

FI BL18 Build Log: CLICK HERE!!

2003 Explorer Sport:

FI BL18

SoundQubed 2200 at 0.7ohm

Pioneer DEH-2500UI

Pioneer 6 x 8s

Rockford Fosgate 6 x 9s

5 ft^3 box at 35hz

Lots of Mega Mat

SkyHighCarAudio_zpse6b4e501.png3abb2365-8d29-422d-a446-efa7a74b8dba_zps70e62980.jpgFILogo_zps400b37c1.jpg

Posted

Hi guys I'm looking for subs that can get a little louder. I'm lookin to replace my jl 8w1v2s with some new 8s. Only have a little over 4.5 inch max depth though. Any suggestions ?? Upgrading from jl slash 500 to alpine pdx1.1000

The Sundown SD-2 8s will get louder easily in proper airspace and are 4 3/4" mounting depth.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6077 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...