Sundown Audio

Can subs be damaged from distortion over time? (too little power)

Bass Teen

Thanks for the advice.

My hatchback door at the back won't open .......will get that fixed later

But anyways ill have to squeeze myself in there tomorrow and turn that gain down. Will get the door fixed later. Handle broke from the outside.

Besides this ....I dont know if DD-1 's comes anywhere near the Caribbean lol.

Car audio .......nuff said lol ... just jokingIm a teenager currently studying law but all i can think about is car audio....

well my gain is all the way up

but my volume on my equalizer is less than half

and i don't really turn my deck up loud.

Did I damage my subs by setting the gain and the boost too high?

Bet your Dad turned it up loud. Lots of dirty power equals shorted and melted voice coils.

Once you turn the gain down you might think your music isn't as loud..... And you're more than likely right. But distortion is part of your amps high end power, I'd call garabe power.

Without the proper tools:

1) turn your amp gain to it's lowest setting

2) Turn your eq off or set to mid way point

3) turn all the "bost" and bass/treble settings to 0

4) turn your radio up to 80% of its max volume

5) adjust the amps gain from this point up until you "hear" it distort

6) back the gain down a hair from there

7) Never go beyond that volume level on the radio you set the amp with

8) use your eq to tweak, not as a "booster"

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

look up the method for tuning the amp with a multi meter. proper tuning is a critical skill you need to have if you're doing car audio. also, turn the boost all the way down and leave it there.

now after tuning, if you are upset with how quiet it is... well that just means you need better equipment.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Will do man. :D . Thanks and i do tweak my mids and hi's with the equalizer but i play with the sub level alot lol .

Is there anyway i can fix these speakers? :shrug:

They are pretty rare around these parts lol....trust me

To get some new ones Id probably have to pay a company to pay an online company to bring it for me when i could just pay for it online . Since the company i will pay to bring it in needs profit the price would probably double.

Im from South America by the way, Guyana....

Car audio .......nuff said lol ... just jokingIm a teenager currently studying law but all i can think about is car audio....

he didnt hear the distortion that smoked multiple subs... you think him listening for distortion is a good method for setting the gain? lol

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

ok thanks

he didnt hear the distortion that smoked multiple subs... you think him listening for distortion is a good method for setting the gain? lol

Good point!

Rolex you sicken me.

this_zpszasq3bwt.gif

Just let me finish my pie

~ Juice

@ Skittlesrgood

I am being honest with you .....these speakers pounded......made my rear view drop all the way down .......they sounded great and flexed my back doors . Of course I can tell distortion when i hear it.

The question is how much distortion....Im not a meter and cant detect distortion at its slightest.

Will do man. :D . Thanks and i do tweak my mids and hi's with the equalizer but i play with the sub level alot lol .

Is there anyway i can fix these speakers? :shrug:

They are pretty rare around these parts lol....trust me

To get some new ones Id probably have to pay a company to pay an online company to bring it for me when i could just pay for it online . Since the company i will pay to bring it in needs profit the price would probably double.

Im from South America by the way, Guyana....

because of your situation, no. there isn't a way for you to fix it.

you would need what's called a "recone" and if you couldn't get the speaker, getting the parts would probably be harder.

Archived