Cameronmyers74 Posted October 27, 2013 Report Posted October 27, 2013 Hello all I was hoping you could help me. I am building a box to go in a 2000 Lincoln town car and I want to port up through the rear sub woofer location, and this is what I have come up with in torres box calculator. I was wondering if everything looks right or if I need to change things. Info: Subs are cadence S2W8-4, will be feeding them 500wrms and want to tune the box around 35 hz. Thanks all:D
Joe X Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 If you want to port through the rear deck consider a bandpass design (given that the subs are adequate for it) or you may end up with a one note sub box.
Cameronmyers74 Posted October 28, 2013 Author Report Posted October 28, 2013 I have never dabbled in bandpass box's and didn't really want to go to extreme with this, I was just told to port up through the rear deck to pressurize the cabin area. And also what do you mean with a one note sub box?
thefourth Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I'm not a 100% sure but I think aeroports should be tuned anywhere from 20-30 hz, along with 8-12in of port area per cu ft. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Cameronmyers74 Posted October 28, 2013 Author Report Posted October 28, 2013 I was just going to use a piece of pvc pipe lol
afrakes Posted October 28, 2013 Report Posted October 28, 2013 I'm not a 100% sure but I think aeroports should be tuned anywhere from 20-30 hz, along with 8-12in of port area per cu ft. incorrect, you can tune anywhere using an aero port, just like a slot port. You just need to make sure you buy the correct diameter size to reduce the risk of port noise. OP, don't use a piece of PVC. It may sound alright, but I can guarantee this will sound better: http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?partnumber=268-352 And its cheap. Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT Head Unit: Pioneer DEH- Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) Subs/Amps: TBD
Cameronmyers74 Posted October 28, 2013 Author Report Posted October 28, 2013 That is hella cheap, but will it yield a 35hz tunning?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.