Second Skin Audio

Could someone tell me the tuning of this T-line?

shanesauce

I have found a sketch of a T-line that was built by the member Airborne, it was built for a Sundown E8 and I messaged him but I would like to get started building this as soon as possible so if someone could verify this would sound correct that would be awesome.

The box schematics can be found on page 37 of the T-line thread but I can't link or save pictures due to me being on a work computer.

The port is 4.5" all through the box and the dimensions are around 32"x16.5"x10".

Also, are 45's needed in the corners and what is the tuning of this box is it close to the Fs of the E8?

How much power could I safely put on this?

Thanks

- 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual

- Audio under construction

A lil math and you will know exactly how to build it.

Ie.. assuming you have the e8v3, your FS is ~52 hz which would mean you need 5.4 feet of length in your t-line. The "port area" should be equal to your cone area which is roughly 40" depending on where you measure your cone area (without taking any time on this, I used the cut out for the sub as an approximate cone measurement)

So.. you could make a box that was 4" x 10" (inner dimensions, so 5.5" x 11.5" outer) and 5.4' long and assume it would sound good. You would have to invert your sub of course since the depth is 5.1"

A lot of people swear by 45s, and others say that if they aren't done perfectly they hurt your output. For your first shot at it, I would try without them (depending on your wood working skills and sub box building experience). I am at work right now and my work pc won't show me the pictures you mentioned in the T-line thread, but there is a drawing on the first page that shows how to make/measure your turns.

The lower the FS of your sub, essentially the longer the box. The bigger the cone area, the bigger the "port" (makes me REALLY want to see a T-line for a couple of Sundown X-18s lol, that shit would be huge).

As for power, on a single e8 in a t-line I wouldn't give it more than about 150W to start. If it handles that well, you can bump it up a bit, but even though these subs ARE underrated like all of the other Sundown subs (I ran 3 e8v3s for a while on about 1500W).. power handling will be reduced with this enclosure.

2006 Scion xB

2 Sundown SA12D2

Ported at 32hz

147 on non termlab (140-142 on TL)

Currently in a walled 4th @ 50hz (not metered yet)

Hifonics brz2100

Alpine Type-S Components

Kicker 300.2

Big 3 / Skyhigh 1/0 cca

Optima Blue Top

3 e8s ported at 32hz

135.1 sealed on dash @ 56hz

135.0 outlaw (I must have chosen song poorly lol)

Build log

'Brandon15zzz', on 09 May 2012 - 3:13 PM, said:snapback.png

May have been clipping but none fucks were givin.

Why don't you build one to suit your subs fs

To fit the space you have? Or would like to fit within?

As for power about 1/2 rated is the max I would go,

45's are a must

I am looking into a 8 for my mustang, and coincidentally the dimensions will be perfect for the area I have.

A lil math and you will know exactly how to build it.

Ie.. assuming you have the e8v3, your FS is ~52 hz which would mean you need 5.4 feet of length in your t-line. The "port area" should be equal to your cone area which is roughly 40" depending on where you measure your cone area (without taking any time on this, I used the cut out for the sub as an approximate cone measurement)

So.. you could make a box that was 4" x 10" (inner dimensions, so 5.5" x 11.5" outer) and 5.4' long and assume it would sound good. You would have to invert your sub of course since the depth is 5.1"

A lot of people swear by 45s, and others say that if they aren't done perfectly they hurt your output. For your first shot at it, I would try without them (depending on your wood working skills and sub box building experience). I am at work right now and my work pc won't show me the pictures you mentioned in the T-line thread, but there is a drawing on the first page that shows how to make/measure your turns.

The lower the FS of your sub, essentially the longer the box. The bigger the cone area, the bigger the "port" (makes me REALLY want to see a T-line for a couple of Sundown X-18s lol, that shit would be huge).

As for power, on a single e8 in a t-line I wouldn't give it more than about 150W to start. If it handles that well, you can bump it up a bit, but even though these subs ARE underrated like all of the other Sundown subs (I ran 3 e8v3s for a while on about 1500W).. power handling will be reduced with this enclosure.

Give me some time to tinker with numbers and try and get a hold on this. The original thread was very informative but I was just skimming last night at work.

- 2012 Mustang 3.7 Manual

- Audio under construction

Archived