Sonic Electronix

New to setups, need help with an idea.

you fronts are 4" and rear 6"

someone must off added the 6x9 at a later date

the 4" can easily accommodate 5.25" but if you take out the plastic space you can fit 6"

if you want loud you'll deff need the 6" or go custom door trims

with no job and little money, idd build it in stages

idd keep the h/u

and the 6" rear for now (off h/u)

front

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-10023-maximo-5-morel-525-2-way-component-speaker-system.aspx

rear

wire the ds to the amp for now

amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67852_MB-Quart-OA600.4.html

then come back when you have about 3-400 as a min to look at subs and amps,

as the prices change all the time

the 4" can easily accommodate 5.25" but if you take out the plastic space you can fit 6"

idd keep the h/u

front

https://www.woofersetc.com/p-10023-maximo-5-morel-525-2-way-component-speaker-system.aspx

rear

amp

+1. Agreed

This morels are some good components! Definitely get something along the lines of that. But I would ditch the rears to save money u can always add them in later coaxial 6 inch or 6x9s. And u can use the amp in ur headunit u already have now. Either go to sonic electronix or woofers etc. they are reputable sites and good shipping too. Look at Rockford fosgate, morel, hertz, focal, alpine, pioneer. Are all decent to name a few, u pretty much get what u pay for in car audio but those brands especially alpine have good mid range products for every day setups / daily driver.

Ipad mini as main source unit, w/ Kenwood KDC-U7056BT,Digital Designs CS6.5 2 way components, Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel & PDX-M6 mono, x1 Jbl P1224 12", single ported box @ 34hz, front doors + trunk sound deadened w/ dynamat xtreme,all knukonceptz wiring/fusing.

*In progress - Audison bit ten d dsp, fully optical.

Yeah, its a tough call giving you a suggestion as far as equipment. I personally like rockford fosgate (Old School and Power Series), but that's more for sentimental reasons. I'm tempted to say go ahead and try out a setup. If you don't like how your setup sounds sell the parts you don't like and buy new ones. Without reliable shops or people around to listen to a variety of different brands in different setups you won't know what you will like. You could go with the suggestions that have been given so far. It's a better starting place than some. I don't think anyone would steer you wrong. I didn't check all of the links, but most of the suggestions seemed acceptable. You're probably not going to get if perfect right off the bat, if you do great! If not, you're not the first nor will you be the last. Most people's systems evolve with time, they learn more about what they want as a listener and sometimes just want to change it up from time to time. It's good to ask for suggestions and advice, but at some point you're just going to have to bite the bullet and try some of your ideas and equipment you want out. Maybe double check you're not getting a horrible brand, but beyond that there are too many good companies out there to push you in certain directions. As far as JL subs, I have heard a w3 12 and a w7 13.5. They both sounded good in my opinion. I would not buy jl personally as they are a tad expensive.

SQ Subaru and John posts are very good advice.

1997 Lexus ES300

HU - Pioneer MVH 7350

Processor - Helix DSP

Front Stage - JBL P660C

Mid/high amp - Alpine PDX-F4

Subs - 1 IA Death Penalty 12

Sub Amp - Cactus Sounds PF300.1

Sq Subaru

How would ditching the rear cost money

Op already has

And if he gets a 4ch amp he can switch them over to that

Then if he decides to add more in the front or even by-amp, or go active

He has a 4ch that can do it

The mb 4 ch I susgested is a good entry level for its price 80x4 @4, and is run by many

I ran it in a customers car (the onx80.4 mdl before this) as a 3ch with 4" comps up front a single ported 15 in the rear (Car was an Hyundai excel) sounded half decent for a 450-500 rms system

Sq Subaru

How would ditching the rear cost money

Op already has

And if he gets a 4ch amp he can switch them over to that

Then if he decides to add more in the front or even by-amp, or go active

He has a 4ch that can do it

The mb 4 ch I susgested is a good entry level for its price 80x4 @4, and is run by many

I ran it in a customers car (the onx80.4 mdl before this) as a 3ch with 4" comps up front a single ported 15 in the rear (Car was an Hyundai excel) sounded half decent for a 450-500 rms system

Yea I just read now that he already has rear speakers. Then yeah he could use the 4 channel amp first 2 channels for the comps up front and the last 2 channels for the rear speakers, or even better bridge it into 2 channels and power the components off that and then just power the rears off the deck. And that was just a few quick suggestions considering the budget he is on. Up to him really, just to buy some decent low-mid end gear since he can't go to a local shop/ dealer or hear someone with a good setup.

Ipad mini as main source unit, w/ Kenwood KDC-U7056BT,Digital Designs CS6.5 2 way components, Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel & PDX-M6 mono, x1 Jbl P1224 12", single ported box @ 34hz, front doors + trunk sound deadened w/ dynamat xtreme,all knukonceptz wiring/fusing.

*In progress - Audison bit ten d dsp, fully optical.

idd keep the h/u

front

rear

amp

idd keep the h/u

front

rear

amp

+1. Agreed

This morels are some good components! Definitely get something along the lines of that. But I would ditch the rears to save money u can always add them in later coaxial 6 inch or 6x9s. And u can use the amp in ur headunit u already have now. Either go to sonic electronix or woofers etc. they are reputable sites and good shipping too. Look at Rockford fosgate, morel, hertz, focal, alpine, pioneer. Are all decent to name a few, u pretty much get what u pay for in car audio but those brands especially alpine have good mid range products for every day setups / daily driver.

Actually the 6x9"s are stock, along with the 6.5"s. And the front's have factory brackets for 4"s, I know they can fit 6.5"s.

I know double posting is usually shunned upon. But I measured my front speaker brackets, I can fit 6.5"s as long as the speakers have 6 mounts such as the crescendo's. My kick panels, if done correctly and super accuately, can hold 8"s. Rear deck I'm still trying to decide what to do there. I'm thinking, that if I do it just right (I need a flexible curve, it'd be so useful right now) I might be able to fit four 10"s in my deck if I cut the insides and make a custom board/bracket.

Archived