Sonic Electronix

New to setups, need help with an idea.

the jl13.5 i have used many times

it is not a bad sub, but it just lacks compared to other subs as it is designed for very small installed like behind a seat in a truck

if this is what you were doing it would be 1 of the better option

as it is not, it is not

and going the rout your looking is called active

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+do+an+active+setup+smd

most people won't do this as the time and involved

you need 1ch per speaker or per set of same speakers on same area

and is designed for getting loud i.e. keeping up with 20k sub stage

I've never had an issue with 2 set of comps keeping you with 5k sub stages

for the price and money you will be investing

but if you want to o that route

this is what idd be doing

front

2x pwx 8" 4ohm on a q2-200

4x pwx 6.5 4ohm on a q4-120

2x ft1 8ohm

rear

2x pwx 6.5 4ohm on a q4-120

2x ft18ohm

You DO NOT need a processor any anything like that for ur first install/system. Just buy decent quality speakers and a headunit first and u can add a processor later if needed. Look at sonic electronix they have a huge range of gear. For example: http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_i1039_car-audio-packages.html. Look here they have good packages with all u need , crossovers included to go with speakers etc.

I'd have to look to see what my car can even handle in the sizes, I know my deck right now has 6.5"s and 6x9"s, front doors have 4"s but there's this weird bracket that I need to eventually measure the mounts on and figure what I can get in there, the deck can be cut to hold larger speakers. I wonder how hard it'd be to take the plastic off my door panels and just fiberglass new ones, if thats even possible with my car. The fronts, right now the only spot is the doors. The kick panels are too small, unless I go on the inside of the console dash center piece thing but that'll end up not working either. I figured at most if I needed to I can fit three 6.5"s in my doors side by side, seat wont interfere unless it's all the way forward, but nobody would move the seat, and I figured I could go 2 high, so if I do glass the doors I could possibly find a way to do the two 8"s and four 6.5"s. In the back, I don't know where to put the tweets, unless they go on the c pillars. Do you think in the front the tweeters could be mounted somewhere other then the a pillars? My a pillars are just weird and it wouldn't work, now if I had power mirrors I could just put them on the inside of those on that triangle piece.

Unless you can tell me of some components that are just as good as the Crescendo mids and tweets (especially at the price) I'd consider it.

That sonic electronix link has been nothing but subs so far, the only speakers on there are coax.

Look at focal, morel,hertz, alpine type c or type r, infinity components I haven't heard the cresedo so can't comment but I'd recommend any of the ones I've listed, they all come with passive crossover networks too so u can't go wrong, then just find an appropriate 4 channel amp to power them, if u want speakers in the back, just get coaxial and run the off the headunit amp

Ipad mini as main source unit, w/ Kenwood KDC-U7056BT,Digital Designs CS6.5 2 way components, Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel & PDX-M6 mono, x1 Jbl P1224 12", single ported box @ 34hz, front doors + trunk sound deadened w/ dynamat xtreme,all knukonceptz wiring/fusing.

*In progress - Audison bit ten d dsp, fully optical.

Look at focal, morel,hertz, alpine type c or type r, infinity components I haven't heard the cresedo so can't comment but I'd recommend any of the ones I've listed, they all come with passive crossover networks too so u can't go wrong, then just find an appropriate 4 channel amp to power them, if u want speakers in the back, just get coaxial and run the off the headunit amp

what cart do you have?

and how much do you have to spend right now?

what head unit do you have with mdl number?

Headunit amp is a joke, it's only 50w and I've found a ton of speakers over 50w.

What do you mean by cart? Right now I only have $100, and I'm looking for a job. Being in highschool trying to get a job sucks. And my head unit is the Pioneer DEH-6600BS

car not cart,

you say you have kicker ds

where are they

you say front is 4"

and rear is 6.5 and 6x9"

is this correct

as for you h/u don't worry about the 50w or 14rms that don't mean shit when you amp stuff

all you care about is 3 set of rca's

to witch you have,

and 2v pre out (not the best but more then fine)

For components... Spend a good amount on these as its 70% of what u hear up front wear ur sitting:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_13969_Infinity-Kappa-60.9cs.html

Or this

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34364_Alpine-SPR-60C.html

For a 4 channel amp to power the components.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_19566_Rockford-Fosgate-PRIME-R300-4.html

Mono amp to power the sub:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34764_Rockford-Fosgate-R1200-1D.html

Subs:

Either 2 10 inch or a single 12 will work fine in a sealed box, u can change later to a ported box if u want which gives u + 3db.

2 of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_69578_JL-Audio-10W1v3-2.html

Or 2 of these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45534_Alpine-SWE-10S4.html

Or a single 12 alpine would be good for a daily setup substage.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45521_Alpine-SWR-12D4.html

Add a headunit onto that (pioneer, kenwood) with 3! Preouts, u can't go wrong.

Leave the rear speakers out and just have the 2 way components up front, and later if u want it louder add rear fill. And it will save u money too. If u don't think components are the way to go then just get some coaxial speakers in the front doors. But components sound that much better IMO and more bassy up front, so that's your mid tight bass ur looking for. Later on u can deaden the doors to help stiffen them so the components mid bass sounds even better. U can keep some of the gear u have now if u want and just upgrade gear with the pay check.

Add 2 amps kits to that's say $60 each thats around 1200$ total roughly. U can spend more on better quality gear but just get some decent branded middle range stuff and u can upgrade later but u can't go wrong with anything from sonic since u don't have a local store, instead of kicker etc. just my opinion. Good luck.

Ipad mini as main source unit, w/ Kenwood KDC-U7056BT,Digital Designs CS6.5 2 way components, Alpine PDX-F4 4 channel & PDX-M6 mono, x1 Jbl P1224 12", single ported box @ 34hz, front doors + trunk sound deadened w/ dynamat xtreme,all knukonceptz wiring/fusing.

I have a 95 toyota corolla, or ae101. The stock mounts are 4" in the front, 6.5" in the deck towards the outside, and 6x9"s in the deck towards the inside. I only have the 6.5"s in. And in this case would the speaker wire be better then the rca's? And if speaker wire is better, should I replace the old factory wire? I don't know if that stuff is the best or not, plus all the wiring needs to be cleaned up anyways.

For components... Spend a good amount on these as its 70% of what u hear up front wear ur sitting:

Add a headunit onto that (pioneer, kenwood) with 3! Preouts, u can't go wrong.

Leave the rear speakers out and just have the 2 way components up front, and later if u want it louder add rear fill. And it will save u money too. If u don't think components are the way to go then just get some coaxial speakers in the front doors. But components sound that much better IMO and more bassy up front, so that's your mid tight bass ur looking for. Later on u can deaden the doors to help stiffen them so the components mid bass sounds even better. U can keep some of the gear u have now if u want and just upgrade gear with the pay check.

Add 2 amps kits to that's say $60 each thats around 1200$ total roughly. U can spend more on better quality gear but just get some decent branded middle range stuff and u can upgrade later but u can't go wrong with anything from sonic since u don't have a local store, instead of kicker etc. just my opinion. Good luck.

I already have rear speakers in, but I could always move them up front once I get some brackets made. I already have the head unit, it has 3 preouts.

So, just Take it to the professionals if ur not sure. Get 6 1/2 or 5 1/4, components in the front u can find out what fits it not and get speaker spacer adapters. Have a look on bcae1.com. They have good setups diagrams etc and lots of info on the basics. Have a read here first and then plan out what u want and need to buy. Re read every post on here again there is some good advice so u can move forward. If u use an amp u need speaker wire AND RCAS to hook the speakers up. The website I posted says all that so have a read.

Take it to the professionals if ur not sure. Get 6 1/2 or 5 1/4, components in the front u can find out what fits it not and get speaker spacer adapters. Have a look on http://www.bcae1.com. They have good setups diagrams etc and lots of info on the basics. Have a read here first and then plan out what u want and need to buy. Re read every post on here again there is some good advice so u can move forward. If u use an amp u need speaker wire AND RCAS to hook the speakers up. The website I posted says all that so have a read.

Lol professionals where I live, they don't exist. I'm making my own brackets for my doors once I get the original ones out do do measurements.

Archived