Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Subs going Inward at certain level????


grayta

Recommended Posts

Posted

Your probably looking at the title and thinking, "check the polarity, dumbass!" lol. That isn't the case in this one. My friends and I are thinking it may be caused by a bad signal. Anyways, here is the issue... I had a box that was built by Dave the Box guy that was about 4.5ft3 and little port area. We thought it was loading issues... anyways my friend built me a box about 5ft3. We switched the subs thinking everything should be good to go now. I turn up the radio and next my PAC-LC1 and the subs start moving in and out like normal and then i get to a certain level (not even close to max excursion) and they go inward and start making this awful sound. We checked voltage, we checked the amp when the sound happenned and nothing changed even when we were clamping the amp, btw voltage was good! It's the weirdest thing. I haven't really had time to mess with it because of work. Currently we are thinking its the amp. I just bought a new amp just to test and see if it is really the amp because I don't remember this happenning when I had them on one of my old hifonics amps. The amp comes in on Wednesday so most likely try it on Thursday. BTW everything is tuned with the -5db on the DD-1 and this isn't my first rodeo when it comes to car audio lol. Any thoughts, let me know if you need more info??

My Equip:

Sundown X-12s D4 @ 1ohm

Sundown SAZ 2500D v1 (refurbished)

Kenwood DDX370

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

Posted

sounds like an amp issue. My brother had an amp that did that, turned out it was partially blown. Once it went past a certain point the cone pulled in and it basically made a loud growling sound.

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Posted

sounds like an amp issue. My brother had an amp that did that, turned out it was partially blown. Once it went past a certain point the cone pulled in and it basically made a loud growling sound.

my old aq 2200 did that

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

Thanks for the comments! It def sounds like a growl. I get the new amp in tomorrow, wish me luck and I will post on here what happens.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

Posted

Good luck man and I hope the new amp fixes it. If so what you going to do with your old 2k?

2012 Chevy sonic1xSQ HDC3 12 D2RF R1200d

140 square foot of Q-Mat(soon to be installed)

140.2Db sealed on the dash with TL

142 DB sealed on the dash with another meter (was dead on with the TL at a show i was at)

141 on music.

strangeduck,on 02 Jan 2014 - 01:39 AM, said:

when my car spins out i just put the car in neutral, turn in the direction i want to go and pucker my asshole

Posted

I saw your sundown amp was refurbished...did you happen to pick it up from db-r?

I bought a sundown 3500 refurbished from him that did the same thing. It was a pain in the ass to get him to fix it.

Team NorthWestSPL

Posted

I saw your sundown amp was refurbished...did you happen to pick it up from db-r?

I bought a sundown 3500 refurbished from him that did the same thing. It was a pain in the ass to get him to fix it.

did the same with my aq2200...

if I used the remote bass knob and turned it either direction I could see the sub actually moving in the + direction or - direction

so if I turned the knob to the left to lower the bass the sub would pull in and if I turned it to the right the sub would push out.

fixed the issue by just not running the bass knob through the amp connector and used a PAC through rca's.

but now the amp just protects when I turn the volume up loud.

its just fucking cursed. hate that amp lmao.

local guy here has fixed other amps for me (hifonics) and he has given up on the aq2200 multiple times.... I just left the amp with him.... It is no good to me so I let him just mess around with it maybe he will figure it out.

fisigggg.JPEG?raw=1 Crossfire_Car_Audio2_265_zpsd219cf51.PNG ablogo_zps4c550ed1.PNG?raw=1 download%204_zpsecsgajxi.JPG?raw=1 Audison-Logo_zps3f7b2a7f.JPG?raw=1 sundown_bg2_zps1d0951fc.JPG?raw=1 orionsmalllogosig_zpsf8d08612.PNG?raw=1 KaptionLogo_zps06c2a555.JPG?raw=1 

I RREEALLY ANGRY WIT U PHOTOBUCKET. HAD TO USE DROPBOX NOW HOLYYYYYY.

Wanna ride bikes?

Quote
On 9/16/2017 at 3:28 AM, Jake Pace said:

Oh i know how a 12v system works I did take 3 years of electronics in High school hands on and some in college and also worked on cars in college an always got A's to B's in each class. 

But oh well enough dealing with ppl who have probably not even lived as long as ive been into electronics!

On 7/8/2013 at 4:01 AM, Banshee421 said:

Do horns get low

Posted

Good luck man and I hope the new amp fixes it. If so what you going to do with your old 2k?

Thanks! The issue has been resolved. It was the amp! My x-s are finally moving a lot and they are def louder. Now I don't know what to do with the 2500. Anyone have any suggestions? I wanna get it repaired and sold.

I saw your sundown amp was refurbished...did you happen to pick it up from db-r?

I bought a sundown 3500 refurbished from him that did the same thing. It was a pain in the ass to get him to fix it.

I bought it at db-r refurbished like you did. It has been a while so I don't know if he will fix it. I just want to sell it now. But I'm not gonna sell a broken amp without getting t fixed first. Unless they want it that way lol.

2012 Ford Focus Sedan:

Audiopipe, Sundown, Focal, XS Power....

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5740 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...